What if POTUS vetos stimulus bill ?

phreddyp

Any views about what the repercussions would be if TRUMP states that he will not sign any stimulus legislation without both the Senate and House passing it with at least a 2/3 majority ?

limblips

PREMO Member
I haven't seen the latest version of the CF but Trump said yesterday that he would not sign it if it still had aoc's new green deal stuff in it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It was reported this morning that Trump would definitely sign the version just passed by the Senate.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think Trump needs to stand firm with these tards. We elected him for a reason.

Honestly, I'd like to see him stop trying to work with the grifters in Congress. They are not reasonable - or even intelligent - people and they don't have the best interests of Americans in mind.

Reactions: BOP

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Chances are better that Pelosi will kill it before it makes its way to his desk.

Scat

:getdown: I’m a winner. Thanks to working two jobs, they wont be sending me a check. But the real treat is they will loan me money
I cant afford to pay back.:yay:

Chris0nllyn

$2 trillion package, and $250 billion is for direct payments.

$500 billion for more bailouts. (It was $208 billion in the first 3 drafts).

The GOP version is a slush fund for businesses who don't need bailouts, they need a reality check and need to fail.
The Dem version is a slush fund for the post office and "green" initiatives.
At least they both "care" about small businesses.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:getdown: I’m a winner. Thanks to working two jobs, they wont be sending me a check. But the real treat is they will loan me money
I cant afford to pay back.:yay:

Same here. Thanks, politicians! Way to look out for the little guy!

I don't get what that money would be used for. Shut and lock the museum doors, electronic security. Open the doors months from now and nothing will have changed. If it's a matter of rent, just overlook the rent instead of granting extra money to pay it.

herb749

Screw you humans! The museums must be saved!

Well they are losing money since no one can visit. But they are tied to the govt because they likely get budget money each year. They are a form of entertainment. Then MLB, NBA & NHL should also get money.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Well they are losing money since no one can visit. But they are tied to the govt because they likely get budget money each year. They are a form of entertainment. Then MLB, NBA & NHL should also get money.
Oh dear Lord in heaven... don't give them any ideas.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Trump will most certainly sign. Absolute win for him if he does, absolute disaster if he doesn't.

The party that does the worst job spinning what it wanted in the bill is the party that will suffer come November (assuming we have an election in November! Talk about #TDS!). But Trump will come out okay if he signs; after all, he wants to get the economy helped so a crappy package now is better than vetoing for a "more perfect" one later. And he can claim that he can only work with what Congress gives him.

At this point, I'd say the Repubs have the edge as far as winning in November goes (and that's the bigger prize; any junk Dems put in the bill that last beyond the election could be written out if Repubs win back the House and retain control of the Senate).

$0.02.

--- End of line (4-10-20)

Last edited: