What if the Falcons...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...are better without Vick?

He is, for sure, one of a small handful of the truly top athletes in the NFL and he does things on the field that remind you of the kid who is the man among boys from middle school ball on up through high school and, to some extent, college. He is that good an athlete.

But is he that good a football player?

He's played 6 seasons with no higher than 56% completion, no more than 2900 yards passing, 20 TD's and a consistent 12-13 int guy. Add to that, the last three years he's pretty much a 75 qb rating guy.

His real stock in trade in his running.

So, look at your team. Would you want him? Is he a great football player? Will the Falcons look back on 2007-08 with a winning record with Harrington?

Is he done in the NFL even if he beats this rap and is allowed back?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ps...

...I would absolutely take an unproven Jason Campbell, end of last season, over Vick end of last season.

No doubt.

Pete

Repete
Larry Gude said:
...I would absolutely take an unproven Jason Campbell, end of last season, over Vick end of last season.

No doubt.
Didn't he take himself out of their last game and walk off?

Kerad

I've always been one of the "Michael Vick is overrated" gang.

That said, he's overrated as a QB, not as an athlete. He's an average QB (at best) when it comes to throwing the ball. He's an awesome runner...but that's not what you want as your QB's best attribute.

Matt Schaub was their best QB the past couple of years, and they were idiots to let him go. I think Atlanta can be a better team with a real QB in that position.

Unfortunately, that QB is now Joey Harrington. If he is ever going to shine, it could be in ATL. They have a decent line, and a very good RB combination (when healthy). We'll see.

And no...I certainly didn't want Vick on my team as the starting QB before the Dogfighting situation came out. And I wouldn't let him on my team as even a towel boy now.

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Larry Gude said:

No doubt.
:burgundyandgoldkoolaiddrinkers:

Make it a double and the big guy from Frederick is buying.

Vick is done if Goodell wants to really show these overpaid primadonna thugs who's in charge. It's a shame that you only hear about the shiathead players and not the guys who are actually positive influences on their communities and their children.