What is Christmas?

What is Christmas?

• It's about celebrating the birth of Christ! Period.

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • I really get into the Christmas spirit and love this holiday but I don't believe in Christ or God

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • The true meaning of Christmas has been lost and it's all about money

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • Santa gets the elves drunk on egg nog and chases them around the N. Pole

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • I never really thought about it. I just do what everyone else does

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • It's a holiday invented by VISA and Mastercard!

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
W

White Buddah

It's about Jesus. However, these days you can't even say Christmas without getting biatched at about religions. It's all commercialized and a politically correctness battle.

Nupe2

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

‘Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.’

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Nupe2 said:
And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

‘Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.’
:huggy: Thank you Linus. Have a very merry CHRISTMAS.

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
If I had one wish that I could wish this holiday season, it would be that all the children to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace. If I had two wishes I could make this holiday season, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace. And the second would be for 30 million dollars a month to be given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account. You know, if I had three wishes I could make this holiday season, the first, of course, would be for all the children of the world to get together and sing, the second would be for the 30 million dollars every month to me, and the third would be for encompassing power over every living being in the entire universe. And if I had four wishes that I could make this holiday season, the first would be the crap about the kids definitely, the second would be for the 30 million, the third would be for all the power, and the fourth would be to set aside one month each year to have an extended 31-day orgasm, to be brought out slowly by Rosanna Arquette and that model Paulina-somebody, I can't think of her name. Of course my lovely wife can come too and she's behind me one hundred percent here, I guarantee it. Wait a minute, maybe the sex thing should be the first wish, so if I made that the first wish, because it could all go boom tomorrow, then what do you got, y'know? No, no, the kids, the kids singing would be great, that would be nice. But wait a minute, who am I kidding? They're not going to be able to get all those kids together. I mean, the logistics of the thing is impossible, more trouble than it's worth! So -- we reorganize! Here we go. First, the sex thing. We go with that. Second, the money. No, we got with the power second, then the money. And then the kids. Oh wait, oh jeez, I forgot about revenge against my enemies! Okay, I need revenge against all my enemies, they should die like pigs in hell! That would be my fourth wish. And, of course, my fifth wish would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.
Thank you everybody and Merry Christmas.

Thanx Steve! :killingme

PsyOps

Pixelated
Just like our Constitution and many other things that define our moral state of being, time has a way of causing us to lose sight of the true meaning of these things. Why? Humans have a propensity for rejecting any authority that defines any sort of moral baseline. For this reason this question even has to be asked.

Christmas is about The Christ. It represents His birth and also the spirit of Christmas is the person that was born, that became our Savior.

Last edited: