What is everyone reading??

Im_Me

Thanks for the suggestions all! Trying to branch out a bit... who is the author of girl who kicked the hornets nest?

Steig Larsson. Pretty interesting story that he was a magazine editor (or something like that) delivered the first three books in this series to a publisher and then died, I think before they were published.

foosballpaul

"Crime and Punishment, The Brothers Karamazov, The Idiot, and Letters from the Underground" by Fyodor Dostoevsky.
"The Odyssey" by Homer
"The Dog of Flanders" by Ouida
"Toilers of the Sea" by Victor Hugo
"Don Quixote Books One and Two" by Miguel D. Cervantes
"The Black Tulip" by Alexandre Dumas
"The Mystery of the Yellow Room" by Gaston Leroux
"The Green Mansions" by W.H. Hudson
"Where the Blue Begins and The Haunted Bookstore" by Christopher Morley

idiganthro

Steig Larsson. Pretty interesting story that he was a magazine editor (or something like that) delivered the first three books in this series to a publisher and then died, I think before they were published.

I agree that the third book is not as riveting as the first two. Will still finish it, but not keeping my attention as much.

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
...the Bible....you know....its good ole' moldy oldy like that =)

and "Free to Choose" by Milton Friedman

I read the introduction to FoC and it gave me thinking/pondering material for at least a month. Careful with this one.

Last edited:

puggymom

I'm on the waiting list at the library for the Sookie book because I just can't see spending 12.99 for the Kindle version. The books are just so light that I can read them in a weekend and it isn't worth the money. I'm Team Eric, but I was also Team Alice and Team Quinn...anybody but Bill. :lmao:

I find the Anita Blake books confusing (I've read 2). They're hard to follow and the storylines are weird.

See I was not fond of Quinn. Probably because I was just waiting for Eric to come along. Alcide was OK but only because of the guy who plays him in the show (I am not sure if that makes sense...I read the books before watching the show).

drivingdaisy

I don't know if this is true of the Libraries in Southern Maryland, but my has some Ebooks or Kindles books you can "check out" from their website. I haven't done this (since I read too much to get a Kindle) but my husband has. You should see if this is available at your library if you don't want to spend the money on the books. My husband also checks out the books on CD from the library, uploads them to the computer to I-tunes and then can listen to them through his blue tooth while he is doing other things.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
See I was not fond of Quinn. Probably because I was just waiting for Eric to come along. Alcide was OK but only because of the guy who plays him in the show (I am not sure if that makes sense...I read the books before watching the show).
I just realized that I typed Alice instead of Alcide. :lmao:

Cowgirl

I just realized that I typed Alice instead of Alcide. :lmao:

I was wondering who ALice was. :lol: I read it a few weeks ago and it was pretty good. I'm team Alcide, Quinn, and Sam. Don't care for Eric as much anymore, and Bill is just plain whiny. :lol:

Before the Sookie book, I read the 3 Hunger Games books, and I just got done reading 50 Shades of Grey. Waiting for the next one at the library.

SamSpade

Since the movie came out, I've been reading the John Carter of Mars series by Edgar Rice Burroughs. Still just on book 6 (of 10).