What is it with these freaking womyn?

glhs837

Power with Control
No, but the group of people in this thread saying they are bad or shouldn't have celebrated for running up the score are.

I'm not sure what else he could mean by "they shouldn't have run up the score".

Like three people said they thought the level of celebration was a bit over the top, like they were the Globo Gym team. Not shouldnt have celebrated, but shouldn't have celebrated like they took down Goliath when in fact they were Goilath.

Chris0nllyn

Under the rules of the tournament for tiebreakers there was nothing wrong with running up the score but it definitely was poor sportsmanship to celebrate the excessive scoring.
Like three people said they thought the level of celebration was a bit over the top, like they were the Globo Gym team. Not shouldnt have celebrated, but shouldn't have celebrated like they took down Goliath when in fact they were Goilath.

I disagree. I think it's the World Cup and while Morgan scored 5 goals, Lavelle scored her first (and second) goal in a World Cup, the same for Mewis who scored her first two goals, Horan scored her first.

We have a team who scored a ton of goals as a whole, but since they scored "too many", girls who made their first goal(s) in a World Cup match should temper their joy and excitement because other teammates scored first?

At what point, how many goals, should they have stopped celebrating?

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
I disagree. I think it's the World Cup and while Morgan scored 5 goals, Lavelle scored her first (and second) goal in a World Cup, the same for Mewis who scored her first two goals, Horan scored her first, same for Mewis, and Pugh.

We have a team who scored a ton of goals as a whole, but since they scored "too many", girls who made their first goal(s) in a World Cup match should temper their joy and excitement because other teammates scored first?

At what point, how many goals, should they have stopped celebrating?

Not sure how more clear this could be.

Not shouldnt have celebrated, but shouldn't have celebrated like they took down Goliath when in fact they were Goilath.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
From what I know about Gurps, I'm not sure that "too many goals" is what he's talking about.

[not at dig at toxic]

I speak plainly in matter of fact, face value statements [generally speaking]

I mean running up the score making a bunch of goals ... 13 - 0
Seriously if you are beating the other team that badly just call the forking game ...
OK in the annals of soccer scores its not even close to the total number of goals

The 7 Worst Blowouts in Soccer History

1. Preston North End 26-0 Hyde United 1887
  2. Villarreal 27-0 Navata 2009
  3. Tahiti 30-0 Cook Islands 1971
  4. Australia 31-0 American Samoa 2001
  5. Dundee Harp 35-0 Aberdeen Rovers 1885
  6. Arbroath 36-0 Bon Accord 1885.
  7. A.S Adema 149-0 Stade Olympique L'Emyrne 2002

I find it funny that this group of people that routinely ask "Why do you hate success?" when it comes to Trump, but are jumping all over the team representing the USA for scoring too many goals. What a bizzaro world.

yeah real bizarro world Chris you cannot tell the difference between a business man and a soccer team exhibiting bad sportsmanship [IMHO]

a sport where the average number of goals score is something like 2.3 - 2.7 per game

Midnightrider

[not at dig at toxic]

I speak plainly in matter of fact, face value statements [generally speaking]

unless you get called on how stupid what you said is, and then you pretend you didn't say anything

I mean running up the score making a bunch of goals ... 13 - 0
Seriously if you are beating the other team that badly just call the forking game ...
OK in the annals of soccer scores its not even close to the total number of goals

The 7 Worst Blowouts in Soccer History

1. Preston North End 26-0 Hyde United 1887
  2. Villarreal 27-0 Navata 2009
  3. Tahiti 30-0 Cook Islands 1971
  4. Australia 31-0 American Samoa 2001
  5. Dundee Harp 35-0 Aberdeen Rovers 1885
  6. Arbroath 36-0 Bon Accord 1885.
  7. A.S Adema 149-0 Stade Olympique L'Emyrne 2002

yeah real bizarro world Chris you cannot tell the difference between a business man and a soccer team exhibiting bad sportsmanship [IMHO]

a sport where the average number of goals score is something like 2.3 - 2.7 per game
and if you did just a little research you would know that the women's team DID NOT run the score up. They subbed out people and they played different schemes that were not intended to be offensive. They scored anyway.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Yeah Sugar Tits spend another 25 pages reading tea leaves and entrails attempting to reinterpret what I said

That my words 'mean' something other that what I stated in plainly

Midnightrider

Yeah Sugar Tits spend another 25 pages reading tea leaves and entrails attempting to reinterpret what I said

That my words 'mean' something other that what I stated in plainly
if you are going to respond to me, the least you can do is stop pretending you are ignoring when doing so.

There is no tea leaves necessary. You said it. you type what you mean. Its just that sometimes you will pretend you didn't say EXACTLY what you plainly wrote. in those cases you claim you cant be held to the words you use.

glhs837

Power with Control
Okay, so what is a "good" celebration and what's that line in the sand?

It really is one of those things that of course differs from person to person. The line is subjective, and the only way to really judge is to sort of look at which way public opinion is trendeing. If most people think it's excessive, it most likely is. Is it excessive to blow stupid airhorns in the middle of ahigh school graduation ceremony? I sure think so, as do a great many other people. But obviously the eople that do it dont think so/