What is it with these freaking womyn?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

You know what, Megan? Go to hell. Nobody even follows women's soccer and you are literally a legend only in your own mind. Not to mention some trans guy will be taking your job in the next few months because you just lost the 8 or 10 fans you had.

glhs837

Power with Control
Man, this is funny stuff.

“So it’s kind of a good ‘f-you’ to any sort of inequality or bad sentiments that the [Trump] administration might have towards people who don’t look exactly like him. Which, God help us if we all looked like him. Scary. Really scary. Ahh, disturbing.”

So you can't actually point towards actual inequality or bad sentiments that President Trump has exhibited, becuase he hasn't, so you toss a might in there. And you base these maybe sentiments that you only think he might have on people looking different than him. but then say how bad it would be if we all loked liked him? Judging him based on his looks? Not sure if you could craft a more illogical sentance if you actually tried.

TDS running free.

BernieP

Resident PIA

You know what, Megan? Go to hell. Nobody even follows women's soccer and you are literally a legend only in your own mind. Not to mention some trans guy will be taking your job in the next few months because you just lost the 8 or 10 fans you had.
actually the women's team is followed more than the men's.
Her actions don't offend Trump, what she really is saying that to anyone who believes in this country, that has laid down their life for this country, maybe lost a loved one who was serving the country, that's who she is saying F U to.

Chris0nllyn

actually the women's team is followed more than the men's.
Her actions don't offend Trump, what she really is saying that to anyone who believes in this country, that has laid down their life for this country, maybe lost a loved one who was serving the country, that's who she is saying F U to.

Or she's saying thank you for giving her the freedom and ability to not sing the national anthem of the team she represents on the world stage.

US WWC team freaking killed Thailand though.

Hijinx

I clicked the article and the first thing I saw was her picture, The word DYKE flew through my mind.
Then of course reading the article it was mentioned that she preferred her fellow players to a man.

That's ok nobody cares, no great loss. The women are wanting equal pay to male soccer players.
And I feel if they fill the stands the same way they should get it.
But although I don't watch women's soccer and don't know, I doubt they are doing that.

Hard to see Americans who do not respect the flag that so many men have and still are dying for.
But it's her right to be the fool that she is.

Hijinx

Or she's saying thank you for giving her the freedom and ability to not sing the national anthem of the team she represents on the world stage.

US WWC team freaking killed Thailand though.

Now that's weird. But most things liberals do are weird so you are right in line with their thoughts.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
(a) Or she's saying thank you for giving her the freedom and ability to not sing the national anthem of the team she represents on the world stage.

(b) US WWC team freaking killed Thailand though.
I used to be a HUGE Rapinoe fan because she was one of the hardest workers in the U.S. midfield and even on the team as a whole.

But then she lost my respect when she decided her LGBT++++++++++++++ loyalties were greater than her loyalties to the team (or country). Btw, this is EXACTLY why I'm so pissed about the LGBT+++++++++++++++++ flag BS at our embassies; it's clear that these sexual 3%-ers value their sexual orientation over their loyalty to country.

So wrt (a) true. But just because she can doesn't mean she should. A selfish response/crusade/whatever on her part. At a time when we should be uniting behind the team she's helping to divide support. She's spoiled and self-centered. An ingrate of epic proportions.

Wrt (b), true, as well. But the US should have beaten up Thailand and beaten them really badly. So, in watching them celebrate goals 6 and up as if they were playing a quality team showed the juvenile outlook of the team; not professional in the least. Mind you, I'm not saying they should have stopped trying to score I'm saying the team needed to be more sedate in the post-goal congratulations (act like you've done this before (to paraphrase the old adage)). And yes, these childish celebrations were led by Rapinoe (who today threw shade on critics saying that the critics were trying to deny the team its joy). Such BS. (And yes, "in celebration of all things LGBT++++++++++++ she chose to wear a Pride tee instead of a U.S. national team bit of kit.)

She (and the team) is dead to me. Yup, I'm one of the "8 or 10" fans the team has lost.

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

herb749

They better hope they win it all or all this blows back in their faces.

Still celebrating goals on an over matched team doesn't look good.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Let's add this:
I have no problem with running up the score. Goal difference is a tie-breaker at the group stage of this tournament, and may end up deciding whether the U.S. wins its group. I think it unlikely that those final few goals against hapless Thailand will be needed for the U.S. to finish on top, but you never know.

However, some of the celebrations that followed the add-on goals were ridiculous, both on their face and judged by the norms of the sport. To take the most egregious example, in 40 years of watching men’s soccer, I can’t recall any celebration of a late goal in a rout that compares with Megan Rapinoe’s over-the-top celebration of goal number nine, which you can watch here.

And this:
As life progresses, we develop great respect for people we consider representatives of moral decency; on the other hand, we lose respect for those we discover to be dishonest or obnoxious.

Speaking of obnoxious….

On Tuesday, the U.S. women’s soccer team tried (and failed) to defend itself against some richly deserved criticism. As you probably know by now, the Americans trashed Thailand 13-0. This is not the reason they were criticized, obviously. After all, soccer is all about outscoring your opponent. The Americans were slammed on social media for the manner in which they celebrated each goal.

It all comes back to respect. Sport revolves around the concept of respect. Calls to respect this or that are increasingly part of public life, especially in the United States: environmentalists urge us to respect nature, opponents of abortion and capital punishment insist on respect for human life. The list goes on — respect for sexual orientation, age, and religious beliefs. The ubiquity and significance of respect in everyday life largely explains why so many, from pseudo-intellectuals to supreme philosophers, have been interested in the concept.

The irony here is that a number of the Americans are self-confessed feminists, regularly pleading with the masses to respect the rights of ladies around the world.

The 33-year-old midfielder [Rapinoe] went on to score a goal in the game and, like the rest of her teammates, celebrate inappropriately. This is a woman that virtue signaled and vice signaled in the space of an hour.

The U.S. women’s soccer team happens to the best in the world, but the behavior on show lacked the class that we associate with top tier professionals. Their actions presented the United States in the worst possible light — bullies, cruel and ruthless. I have never seen soccer stars behave in such a mindlessly ignorant manner.

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
My .02 they should have not run up the score ... it smacks of elitism
I do not pay attention to Soccer, I am more interested in body counts in Ring of Elysium [battle royal game]
My limited knowledge of Soccer Scores are not usually double digit, but to run up a score is well sad ... so much for progressives being all inclusive

BOP

I clicked the article and the first thing I saw was her picture, The word DYKE flew through my mind.
Then of course reading the article it was mentioned that she preferred her fellow players to a man.

That's ok nobody cares, no great loss. The women are wanting equal pay to male soccer players.
And I feel if they fill the stands the same way they should get it.
But although I don't watch women's soccer and don't know, I doubt they are doing that.

Hard to see Americans who do not respect the flag that so many men have and still are dying for.
But it's her right to be the fool that she is.
Yeah, when did feminism become all about hating men?

BOP

We need to give her a big "you're fired!" from being an American, because surely she'd be more free almost anywhere else in the world.

Chris0nllyn

My .02 they should have not run up the score ... it smacks of elitism
I do not pay attention to Soccer, I am more interested in body counts in Ring of Elysium [battle royal game]
My limited knowledge of Soccer Scores are not usually double digit, but to run up a score is well sad ... so much for progressives being all inclusive

They shouldn't run up the score in a tournament uses goal differential as tiebreakers?

I find it funny that this group of people that routinely ask "Why do you hate success?" when it comes to Trump, but are jumping all over the team representing the USA for scoring too many goals. What a bizzaro world.

Toxick

Splat
I find it funny that this group of people that routinely ask "Why do you hate success?" when it comes to Trump, but are jumping all over the team representing the USA for scoring too many goals. What a bizzaro world.

Gurps isn't a group of people.

And he's the only one I saw say this.

From what I know about Gurps, I'm not sure that "too many goals" is what he's talking about. Although I guess it's possible - I don't know what else it means... but, I dunno.

Still, I'd double check before I made some wild-ass claims about "groups of people" based off half-ambiguous phrases like Running Up a score mentioned by one person.

Chris0nllyn

Gurps isn't a group of people.

No, but the group of people in this thread saying they are bad or shouldn't have celebrated for running up the score are.

I'm not sure what else he could mean by "they shouldn't have run up the score".

Smokey1

No, but the group of people in this thread saying they are bad or shouldn't have celebrated for running up the score are.

I'm not sure what else he could mean by "they shouldn't have run up the score".

Under the rules of the tournament for tiebreakers there was nothing wrong with running up the score but it definitely was poor sportsmanship to celebrate the excessive scoring.