Teen angle: “I’ll never kiss your lips again, they buried you to-dayyyyyayyyy”

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
"End of the Line" - Traveling Wilburys

Of course.... ⬇

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

Awesome song. My oldest kid was this close to being named Caroline -- because of how awesome that song is.

Inspired by Caroline Kennedy.

I posted this song for the "touching me, touching you" lyrics wrt COVID-19.

Having said that when I found out it was inspired by Caroline Kennedy it more than creeped me out. A grown dude (almost 30) singing this touching stuff about a kid...(who was 11 at the time)?

And here's Verse 2:
But now I look at the night
And it don't seem so lonely
We fill it up with only two
And when I hurt
Hurtin' runs off my shoulders
How can I hurt when holdin' you

I loved the song b/c of the Red Sox 8th inning tradition. But the creepiness factor really ruins it for me....

--- End of line (MCP)

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
not playlist for this sh1T we're going through, but just found ALTERNATIVE RADIO REWIND - CLASSIC 80'S ALTERNATIVE on I Heart Radio. Love it , takes me back...

mitzi

I posted this song for the "touching me, touching you" lyrics wrt COVID-19.

Having said that when I found out it was inspired by Caroline Kennedy it more than creeped me out. A grown dude (almost 30) singing this touching stuff about a kid...(who was 11 at the time)?

And here's Verse 2:

I loved the song b/c of the Red Sox 8th inning tradition. But the creepiness factor really ruins it for me....

--- End of line (MCP)

I really doubt Neil was lusting after a child. I think the name went along with the songwriting and that was the inspiration, not lusting after a child.

Yooper

I really doubt Neil was lusting after a child. I think the name went along with the songwriting and that was the inspiration, not lusting after a child.
No doubt you're correct. Still, it's pretty creepy for him to say on one hand what the inspiration for the song was and on the other reading/hearing the lyrics. Love the song, but hard to square the circle now. Wish I had never found out what the inspiration was....

--- End of line (MCP)

mitzi

No doubt you're correct. Still, it's pretty creepy for him to say on one hand what the inspiration for the song was and on the other reading/hearing the lyrics. Love the song, but hard to square the circle now. Wish I had never found out what the inspiration was....

--- End of line (MCP)

Why do you doubt I'm correct? I have read the song was partially written when he saw a pic of Caroline with her parents on the cover of a magazine. The song was written for his wife, but he needed a 3 syllable name to fit into the song. This is what Neil Diamond said.