What is "spying"?

SamSpade

No, spying is looking without being seen. It can be legal or not.
And I just read a Scarborough article where it's clear that the left is totally deciding that SPYING must be illegal or somehow wrong in order to call it spying. He claims no, it was all done by the book. So the hell what? It's spying.

THAT is what they're incensed over. Comey saying "oh I never thought of electronic surveillance as 'spying' ". (Umm, that is USUALLY how it's done).
Or others saying, no it wasn't spying, it was "court ordered". (No, FISA court sanctioned - they don't ORDER you to do it).

If someone is observing you out in public - it's probably legal unless you can show it's essentially stalking.
But it IS spying. Nothing about spying or the term implies illegal.

THIS is what the left DOES - they take a word or term, and make it something else.
You against illegal entry to this country? Why, you're against IMMIGRANTS!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Comey saying "oh I never thought of electronic surveillance as 'spying' "
sur·veil·lance
/sərˈvāləns/
noun
  1. close observation, especially of a suspected spy or criminal.
    "he found himself put under surveillance by military intelligence"
    synonyms:observation, scrutiny, watch, view, inspection, monitoring, supervision, superintendence;
    spying, espionage, intelligence, undercover work, infiltration, reconnaissance;
    informal bugging, wiretapping, phone tapping, recon

SamSpade

Well heck - wasn’t the left just losing it when he said that they had tapped Trump Tower? But the only thing was, they were splitting hairs over words - they don’t USE wiretaps on phones anymore! They couldn’t be “tapping” the place. Ok. They were LISTENING, ok?

I swear it’s like talking to my children. They didn’t steal, they just BORROWED it - for a year. They didn’t hit the dog - they squeezed her.

They spied on his campaign ok? That was the point. I don’t give a rat’s ass if it was “by the book”. They were secretly surveilling his campaign.

Spying.

Hijinx

And no matter how they try to interpret it they did it for a reason and with full forethought and knowledge of it's illegality.
Who do they think they are fooling with these word games.
They spied on he Trump campaign in a effort to thwart his candidacy for President.

Then they had the unmitigated gall to accuse the Trump campaign of plotting with the Russians, when they knew from their spying that was a lie.

Grumpy

I swear it’s like talking to my children. They didn’t steal, they just BORROWED it - for a year. They didn’t hit the dog - they squeezed her.

Have always thought that the D attitude was more in line with middle schoolers..ie blowing everything out of proportion, playing little word games, adding to gossip..etc