What is the best Tanning Salon in the area?

indianajane05

Victrix Patientia Duris
July 29, 2009

International cancer experts announced on Tuesday that they now consider tanning beds and ultraviolet radiation among the top cancer risks — about as lethal as arsenic, mustard gas.
Tanning junkies soak up new cancer warning - Skin and beauty- msnbc.com

:yeahthat:

I got skin cancer from ONE bad burn that's left me scarred...and I'm 22. Think about how important it is to be tan vs. your health...you CAN get a Mystic tan, and they are UV free and turn out really good results.

rpexie

.:Georgia Peach:.
Just be white!! You'll have healthy skin and you wont look like a shrivelled peach when you get older! Nothing wrong with being your natural color=)

xobxdoc

I like the tanning addicts, the ones that get reddish brown. There is this woman at my gym that rolls in right after she hits the tanning bed and she looks so ridiculous. You can almost see the smoke coming off her.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
I like the tanning addicts, the ones that get reddish brown. There is this woman at my gym that rolls in right after she hits the tanning bed and she looks so ridiculous. You can almost see the smoke coming off her.

I blame George Hamilton!!! :whistle:

Beavers5

I got skin cancer from ONE bad burn that's left me scarred...and I'm 22. Think about how important it is to be tan vs. your health...you CAN get a Mystic tan, and they are UV free and turn out really good results.

Except, I was diagnosed at age 25 with Stage 3B Melanoma. I had one bad burn from the sun and used tanning beds for a few years. Definitely NOT worth it.

morningbell

hmmmmmm

Except, I was diagnosed at age 25 with Stage 3B Melanoma. I had one bad burn from the sun and used tanning beds for a few years. Definitely NOT worth it.

Makes me think I should get looked at. When I was younger I could go out in the sun without any kind of protection, I'd never burn but as I aged my skin has changed and I have gotten burns now and then.

stars24

Makes me think I should get looked at. When I was younger I could go out in the sun without any kind of protection, I'd never burn but as I aged my skin has changed and I have gotten burns now and then.

Please go! I have dark hair, dark eyes, and tan easily and thought I would never have any problems, but I was wrong! I never used a tanning salon regularly either, just got tans and occasional burns in the summertime... It's a quick and easy doctor's visit.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Please go! I have dark hair, dark eyes, and tan easily and thought I would never have any problems, but I was wrong! I never used a tanning salon regularly either, just got tans and occasional burns in the summertime... It's a quick and easy doctor's visit.

I will now :yay:

Beavers5

Definitely! If nothing else, you will have the peace of mind of knowing someone has checked, ya know? I'd thought about getting my skin checked about a year before they found the cancer. If I'd done it, it may have saved me 12 surgeries and a year of treatments.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Definitely! If nothing else, you will have the peace of mind of knowing someone has checked, ya know? I'd thought about getting my skin checked about a year before they found the cancer. If I'd done it, it may have saved me 12 surgeries and a year of treatments.

If you dont mind me asking... what made you go? I have been putting it off... Im scared to go!!

Beavers5

If you dont mind me asking... what made you go? I have been putting it off... Im scared to go!!
Actually, nothing made me go. I was too scared to go and kept procrastinating. But I went to the doctor for a follow up for pneumonia and my general practitioner saw the mole. He sent me immediately to Bethesda for my first surgery. Knowing what I do now, about how quickly melanoma spreads I really wish that I had went in the first day that I thought I might need to. When I have new places that need looked at now, I call immediately. Stage 1 Melanoma is almost 100% treatable with surgery; Stage 2C through stage 4 aren't nearly as easy.

indianajane05

Victrix Patientia Duris

I had early stage melanoma. You're right, absolutely not worth it.

Also, I love how there are only two real responses to this question :whistle: Everyone else seems to be against being tanorexic...

D

dems4me

I had early stage melanoma. You're right, absolutely not worth it.

Also, I love how there are only two real responses to this question :whistle: Everyone else seems to be against being tanorexic...

Just trying to help :shrug: Sounded to me like she was asking for a good place for a tan, not personal opinions on tanning :shrug: :lol:

indianajane05

Victrix Patientia Duris
Just trying to help :shrug: Sounded to me like she was asking for a good place for a tan, not personal opinions on tanning :shrug: :lol:

Maybe we're just offering up explanations of why we don't know of any good ones :confused:

And, for the record, I found that Coppertone Endless Summer lotion gives great color, OP. Sunless, smells great, and is cheaper than a tanning bed. Give it a shot sometime.