What is the easiest way to get to Charlottesville, VA?

catlingirl

Ill be leaving from Prince Frederick. I've looked it up on Google maps but I would much rather hear it from someone who has driven it. And what are some good cheap hotels there, near John Paul Jones Arena if possible.?
Thanks in advance for any help.

From PF, the easiest way is down 95S to 295 to 64w. Stay on 64 to your exit, which could be one of a few, depending where you want to go in town.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Ill be leaving from Prince Frederick. I've looked it up on Google maps but I would much rather hear it from someone who has driven it. And what are some good cheap hotels there, near John Paul Jones Arena if possible.?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Helicopter......just having fun....

Gummie

To avoid DC/NOVA traffic, go across the Nice bridge, on thru A.P. Hill, catch 95 south just above King's Dominion and then down to 295 and on to 64 west

To avoid DC/NOVA traffic, go across the Nice bridge, on thru A.P. Hill, catch 95 south just above King's Dominion and then down to 295 and on to 64 west
^that. I was thinking Fredericksburg, not Prince Frederick. 301 over the bridge, stay on 301, it becomes 207, follow to 95, then south on 95 to 295/64.

dave1959

Driven this many times...I like 301 over the Nice bridge, Take RT 3 through Fredericksburgh to Wilderness and then take Rt 20 all the way to Charlottesville ....Nice easy ride
through Civil war and Va horse country. Takes about 2.5-3 hrs

:yeahthat: Use tripadvisor.com to see available hotels in the areas and read reviews to weed out the bed buggy ones...:yay:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Driven this many times...I like 301 over the Nice bridge, Take RT 3 through Fredericksburgh to Wilderness and then take Rt 20 all the way to Charlottesville ....Nice easy ride

:this:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Practice, practice, practice..

Left turn... left turn.. left turn.. left turn.. ad nauseum..

I take that route often, but she asked for easiest. The 20/15 intersections/roundabout can be confusing, and there are many slow spots, like down to 25mph thru towns with a fair amount of local traffic on 2 lane roads. I find it takes longer this route than 95/64.

dave1959

I take that route often, but she asked for easiest. The 20/15 intersections/roundabout can be confusing, and there are many slow spots, like down to 25mph thru towns with a fair amount of local traffic on 2 lane roads. I find it takes longer this route than 95/64.

actually google maps shows the time to about the same, but the distance going the 95/64 route is over 30 miles longer...To me... Rt 20 is the way to go.