what is the point of a dog license?

CRHS89

Is it just another way for the county to make money? I didn't even know it was a thing until I saw a news release that you now have to go into the office rather than requesting online as was an option until recently apparently.

CRHS89

What is the fine for not having a license. And how would it be discovered that they dont' have one? Does you dog have to wear a tag or something?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
What is the fine for not having a license. And how would it be discovered that they dont' have one? Does you dog have to wear a tag or something?

Years ago, our Alaskan Malamute bit our son who was about five at the time. Son went down to kiss her while she was asleep and it startled her. Took him to Urgent Care to looked at and Animal Control was called. We had never registered our dogs (Dalmatian previously) and AC didn't fine us but did say to register her ASAP. If I remember correctly, they do issue a tag for your dog to wear similar to the rabies tag your vet gives you.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
yrs ago PG County passed a leash law for CATS

:jameo:

have you ever put a leash on a CAT ...

frequentflier

happy to be living
Is it just another way for the county to make money? I didn't even know it was a thing until I saw a news release that you now have to go into the office rather than requesting online as was an option until recently apparently.

What county are you in?

frequentflier

happy to be living
My store sells the pet licenses. They are supposed to be a quick way for an ACO to identify your pet if it is picked up.

It would require a Calvert Co ACO to actually pick up the licenses and then for someone to enter them into their database for it to be effective. I have had customers that wrote checks complain that their check wasn't cashed two and a half months after it was written. That is because it is still at my store.

They have gotten better since I (and another issuing business) complained.

A way for the county to make money? Sure. But the real money probably comes from the fines they can impose for not having them.

CRHS89

I'm in St. Mary's. My dog is chipped so can be identified that way. I'll take my chances....