What is your skill?

SamSpade

Almost everything I'm really good at - I am not sure I want to be good at it. At work, I am very good at trouble-shooting software, so much so, an old boss called me the sleuth. It often means I spend all my time fixing other people's problems, something I hate doing.

At home, I'm rather good at doing things like rake, garden and sweep - a skill no one wants to do. Eseentially, I'm a good laborer but an awful craftsman.

I'm rather good at public speaking - I was born with a great speaking voice. I just don't always have much important to say, so I stick with reading scripts.

One thing I am pretty good at, is writing. Lots of people tell me that, although reviewing my writing, I don't think I write much different from the way I talk, so it doesn't seem like much. At one time, I wanted to be a writer, but my father persuaded me otherwise, advising me that while I might get a lot of job satisfaction - I probably wouldn't get PAID very much.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
A MacGyver and Jack of all trades as well. Automotive, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, I have a sewing machine, cooking/baking....and more. Just don't ask me to back up a trailer, lol

black dog

Free America
I grewup in a mechanical family and add a few decades of building elevators/escalators ive done all the skilled trades. Like Stad, I sew myself, I upgraded over the winter from a Juki a Chandler commercial.
I still carry a journeymans card in the Elevator and Plumbing Unions, along with some welding certs and industrial waste water license.
I weld three process's, sometimes daily. My math skills are now impeccable with a few months at NewStar sticking tanks.

Thanks Master Chief, for that Complete Time Life book series when I was young. lol
And a Shout Out to John at Three Mules, thanks for answering all my dumb questions when I was learning to tig.

I should have gone to college.

black dog

Free America
I grewup in a mechanical family and add a few decades of building elevators/escalators ive done all the skilled trades. Like Stad, I sew myself, I upgraded over the winter from a Juki a Chandler commercial.
I still carry a journeymans card in the Elevator and Plumbing Unions, along with some welding certs and industrial waste water license.
I weld three process's, sometimes daily. My math skills are now impeccable with a few months at NewStar sticking tanks. And I can backup a trailer and do crown. Sometimes I can do crown twice.

Thanks Master Chief, for that Complete Time Life book series when I was young. lol
And a Shout Out to John at Three Mules, thanks for answering all my dumb questions when I was learning to tig.

I should have gone to college.