What kind of idiot stabs a baby?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
There are several places in this world you couldn't pay me millions of dollars to live in. NYC is one of them.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/08/baby.stabbed.ap/index.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- A knife-wielding man stabbed a 10-month-old baby in her stroller, critically injuring her, police said.

Isabelle Avins was rushed to a hospital where she underwent surgery Wednesday night. She was listed in critical but stable condition, police spokesman Detective Brian Sessa said.

At the family's request, the hospital on Thursday declined to provide further details.

The nanny was walking with the baby around 5 p.m. when the man approached them a short distance from the girl's home, Sessa said.

"He just came out of nowhere," witness Hennessy Arias told the New York Post in Thursday's editions. "The baby was hysterical, crying. ... She was crying and trying to gag for air."

The nanny, identified only as a 20-year-old woman, screamed for help and cradled the baby.

Isabelle's father, Jon Avins, also praised the nanny.

"The babysitter saved her life," he told reporters outside the family's apartment building. "She's like a member of our family."

Bernard Derr, 48, a man with a history of psychiatric problems, was taken into custody a short time after the attack and held on attempted murder and other charges, police said.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
AK-74me said:
What kind of idiot stabs a baby?
One with a history of mental problems, apparently. The man is not a simple idiot; he is unstable and uncontrolled. He is also an aberration. So why you would say...
AK-74me said:
There are several places in this world you couldn't pay me millions of dollars to live in. NYC is one of them.
... is confusing. I find NYC to be a fairly attractive place.

P.S. Southern MD has a continually growing population of whack-jobs too... so watch your back. :yikes:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I find NYC to be a fairly attractive place.

I find that confusing. Attractive? Maybe a few places but then you have probably the 2nd highest cost of living in the country. SOMD might be getting a few more nut jobs with population growth but it is not even comparable to NY. But by all means knock your socks off and go have fun there, not me though.

Last edited:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
AK-74me said:
... but then you have probably the 2nd highest cost of living in the country.
It is high. I would rather live there than D.C., though.

AK-74me said:
But by all means knock your socks off and go have fun there, not me though.
I will! It's great for the photography! :cheers:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I would rather live there than D.C., though.

That would be worse for me too, atleast NYC'ers can own guns. D.C. is right up there as the last places on earth I would want to live.

tomchamp

AK-74me said:
That would be worse for me too, atleast NYC'ers can own guns. D.C. is right up there as the last places on earth I would want to live.
NYC has the same type of anti-gun law. Upsate is a different story!

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
tomchamp said:
NYC has the same type of anti-gun law. Upsate is a different story!

yeah I am aware but atleast they can escape within their own state, D.C law's are just dreadful, not that MD isn't too far behind them!