• Reddit

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I checked them all off, but I didn't check off "other", and I should have since I use SOMDcom forums.

I use FB, I follow some politicians and a few other interests on Twitter, but mostly I follow some emergency/state/localcounty agencies for notifications. I follow my nieces on Instagram.

I *have* used Reddit, although, not on a regular basis.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Explain to me why you would use any of those instead of texting or email? FBM, I'm guessing because that's how your FB friends message you, but the others are *just* messaging services, aren't they?

Yes ... communication apps, they use data instead of SMS Texting, so as long as I have a WiFi signal I can send messages
... while think a 'group' chat function is available, I use them strictly for one / one

I can send a msg faster on Kik then opening 'mail' on my phone and composing a message to send

I'm not a big social media user. I run them down daily to see what the kids are up to, but I can't see the point of Twitter or Instagram unless you're some celebrity with a huge following.

Twitter / Instagram are more like 1 to 1000's communication apps - sure you can DM on twiter, but that really is not the point.

FBM because video phone.
Like in the Jetson's

:yay:

Been There Done That ... easier than Skype for the most part

Is Usenet considered Social Media?

there is a sub-reddit for finding Pen and Paper Pen Pals :lmao:

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The idea was that you could sign up for a social network like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, Flickr or Reddit and connect with old friends and acquaintances, make new ones or even interact with strangers about your life.

Except that Twitter was really a "micro-blogging" site, LinkedIn was about finding a job, Pinterest was a pinboard site, Instagram and Flickr were photo-sharing sites, Tumblr was a social-blogging platform, Reddit was a social bookmarking site and who knows what Google+ ever was?

[clip]

The first is messaging. Those darn millennials we're always hearing about increasingly reject social networking on sites like Facebook in favor of messaging via apps like Snapchat.

Unlike social networking, messaging is private, temporary and immediate. More to the point, messaging normally doesn't go out to one's broader "social network." Messaging content tends to be targeted to one or a few individuals, with the majority of one's "social network" left out on purpose. Using a messaging app feels like "sending" something, not "posting" something.

The second is the general world of online distractions, including YouTube videos, games, articles, podcasts and more.

And the third is social media.

Confusion about the difference between social networking and social media is why most people haven't noticed the decline of social networking. People don't stop to think about the difference.

makes sense .....