What Stocks are You Buying Now?

Hessian

Well...I liked the excitement of the Aapl split, waited until after the severe trimming that continued into today and finally bought at 120. Sure enough, it has already started to make me money (when all three indicies took another slump). Sometimes...my timing is pretty good.

Hessian

OK...I just realized APPLE has lost more (Sept 1-18) than they lost the entire Covid Collapse from February to April.
Yes...I am VERY pissed because Merrill Lynch does not explain why Apple is crashing. (134.80-107.11= 27.69) loss per share.
Can someone tell me
a) Why is apple dying a violent death?
b) Why doesn't the press get fired up over this?

I bought during one of the 'slump' days yet I am now out hundreds of $$$
I need to know why.

glhs837

Power with Control
OK...I just realized APPLE has lost more (Sept 1-18) than they lost the entire Covid Collapse from February to April.
Yes...I am VERY pissed because Merrill Lynch does not explain why Apple is crashing. (134.80-107.11= 27.69) loss per share.
Can someone tell me

I need to know why.

You're only out that money if you sell now if you hold they'll come back up.

PeoplesElbow

Can someone tell me

I need to know why.
Tech stocks were (are) in a bit of a bubble, valuations for most stocks right now are high and will most likely fall soon.

You shouldn't rely on someone else to tell you about stocks, nobody cares about your money as much as you do and nobody knows your risk tolerance the way you do.

I've lost $8k on XOM this year, fortunately it is the only stock that I've lost money on this year.

If you don't want to learn about individual stocks, listen to their earnings calls etc buy an index fund, wait for a crash and then put money into VTI

Hessian

Don't count on that, with APPL its probably ok, but in general don't think that way.

People have rode that line of thinking all the way to zero.
Just heard some interpretation...(Cramer)...sounds like some new Tech IPOs have drawn away millions of investment $$$ (Snowflake?) and several leading tech (big caps) are all getting beat up.
I suppose I will ride out the headwinds for a while...just don't like tacking,...it is tiresome.

PeoplesElbow

Just heard some interpretation...(Cramer)...sounds like some new Tech IPOs have drawn away millions of investment $$$ (Snowflake?) and several leading tech (big caps) are all getting beat up.
I suppose I will ride out the headwinds for a while...just don't like tacking,...it is tiresome.
I'm a bit of a vampire, I will buy a stock when it gets beaten up, I bought a ton in March. I bought CAT, USO, CEQP, ROKU and a few others. After Christmas I bought PTON after they got crap for a commercial.

Cramer is a fundamentalist, which is also my philosophy, if you listen to what he says instead of just the buy this you can learn a lot. I suggest his books to people, they really are an excellent education on the market.

glhs837

Power with Control
Don't count on that, with APPL its probably ok, but in general don't think that way.

People have rode that line of thinking all the way to zero.

That was relating only to APPL, I should have been more clear. Would not say that about Nikola, say:)