What the he##! -- -2-month waiting period to get "Real ID" drivers licenses

slowlane

So....MVA's website says their agency is not accepting walk-in visits, and that the Charles, Calvert, and St. Mary's offices ALL have MORE than a 2-month waiting list for appointments to get the upgraded drivers licenses. There must be thousands of Marylanders driving on expired licenses. Why were there not warnings all over the news media about this backlog.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
So....MVA's website says their agency is not accepting walk-in visits, and that the Charles, Calvert, and St. Mary's offices ALL have MORE than a 2-month waiting list for appointments to get the upgraded drivers licenses. There must be thousands of Marylanders driving on expired licenses. Why were there not warnings all over the news media about this backlog.
Government doesn't think ahead.

Grumpy

Mine has been expired for 2 months..:lol:

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I renewed mine last month and I only had a two week wait for Annapolis while Loveville was three weeks. I ended up going to Annapolis just to clear it off my "To Do" list.

Now, I called and talked to a real person instead of trying to do it online.

When you do go just make sure that you have all your documents in order. I don't have a Birth Certificate Maryland accepts (it says Certificate of Birth instead of Birth Certificate) so I used my DD214 instead, which was a minor problem because it was a copy. It was finally determined that it was acceptable since it was a stamped copy. My Social Security card was also problematic since it's so old my name and number were typed in by a typewriter.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
My license is good until 2025, but it is not "Real ID" compliant. They keep moving the compliance date and last notice said I had until November of this year. Received this email on 9/3/2020:

YOUR REAL ID STATUS AND NEXT STEPS

Dear Customer,

At the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Maryland Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Administration (MDOT MVA) reached out to you with a new date to bring in documents to complete your federally-required REAL ID. We are writing to inform you that you may disregard this due date.

As the months have passed, we have learned more about COVID-19. Following guidelines from federal and state government, we have adapted our policies and procedures to provide Maryland drivers and vehicle owners with a safe experience when they make an appointment for services.

Additionally, the federal REAL ID deadline has been extended to October 1, 2021. We believe it in the best interest of our customers and staff to reassign your REAL ID enrollment date to a yet-to-be determined due date in 2021. We will be in touch in early 2021 with that new date for you to submit documents.

If you have already made an appointment in anticipation of the former due date, we will be happy to honor that appointment. If you would prefer to wait, please visit our Central Scheduling System to cancel your appointment.

MDOT MVA is committed to providing Premier Customer Service. We continue to make adjustments during the COVID-19 crisis that balance our customers’ needs with their safety and health, as well as that of our staff. We thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

TEAM MDOT MVA

BernieP

Resident PIA
What I don't get is that in a lot of democrat controlled states they have issued driver's licenses to illegals residents.
How in the blue blazes do you issue a "Real ID" that now makes them look like a citizen? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What I don't get is that in a lot of democrat controlled states they have issued driver's licenses to illegals residents.
How in the blue blazes do you issue a "Real ID" that now makes them look like a citizen? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?
They get IDs and Driver's Licenses but those are not RealID compliant. You are not forced to be RealID compliant...but if your ID is not, it cannot be used for certain things, like ID to fly somewhere.