What the heck???

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The FDA banned un-sweet instant tea powder because it contains unusually high concentrations of tastelikeassoxide and benzovomitphosphate which is known to cause retching and gagging in laboratory rats.

I think I 'member reading that report.

Too much work. Not instant enough.

:doh:

You, someone who will go to great lengths to prepare very complex meals. Making iced tea is too much work. You said the same thing about separating an egg. Separating an egg is too much trouble for the chef.

What is this world coming to?

And BTW..... instant iced tea is just nasty.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Separating an egg is too much trouble for the chef.

Nah, I separate the egg - I just use my hand as a separator instead of the thingie.

But see, when I cook something and take the time to prepare it properly, it turns into food. No matter what you do with iced tea, in the end it's just going to be iced tea. The ROI just isn't there with iced tea the way it is with food, no matter what you do to it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I also prefer unsweet tea. I take out my 4 cup measuring cup, drop in 4 tea bags and nuke for 3 minutes. Pour on ice. The rest goes in the fridge. Easy peasy. :shrug:

04 AzureBlue

04 AzureBlue
Just go get some of those Lipton Cold Brew bags. Easy peasy, don't have to brew anything and it only takes a few minutes to make a big jug. Use cold-ish water, not ice water.

This is the way to go. I've used the Lipton Cold Brew bags for years. If you ever wish to sweeten it up a bit you can add some simple syrup to taste.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I also prefer unsweet tea. I take out my 4 cup measuring cup, drop in 4 tea bags and nuke for 3 minutes. Pour on ice. The rest goes in the fridge. Easy peasy. :shrug:

:yay:

When I make iced tea, that's how I do it. Or run the water through the coffee maker and put the tea bags in the pot. (except I wash out the basket that holds the coffee/filter so the tea doesn't taste like coffee) I only drink UNsweetened tea.

Shoot, I don't even use that much effort. 2 family size bags into a 2 quart container of water and into the fridge before I go to bed. Ready for the next day.

mitzi

Same thing with the flavor packets for a bottle of water. They are have artificial sweetener in them. Any brand. If I want something sweet, I want real sugar.

bilbur

I am not a tea drinker but I have herd that Popeye's has some good tea. I hear the sweet tea is like injecting sugar directly into your veins but the unsweetened tea is good too if you like that stuff. They sell it by the gallon, might be worth a try.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
NESTEA.jpg SHIPPING COST FOR FOUR.jpg You could order it from WalMart... http://www.walmart.com/ip/10291392?...69085272&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=41465002969&veh=sem

SamSpade

Why is it so hard to find instant unsweetened tea around here?? They don't carry it at Giant or Shoppers or Target, but I could always get it at Wal-Mart. Well now Wal-Mart has stopped carrying it.

They have every damn flavor, in diet and regular AND decaf, except unsweetened. What the hell is wrong with this place?? I cannot possibly be the only person in St. Mary's County who drinks unsweetened instant iced tea, so why don't any of the damn stores stock it?? Nestea, Lipton, either one will do. I had to order from Amazon.

Yes! Yes! I had to flipping order instant tea online because none of the godforsaken stores in this area carry it.

:banghead:

You know what's almost as annoying? Ordering unsweetened iced tea in a restaurant or - and this happens a LOT - at fast food, only for them to give sweetened ANYWAY. And you even make it abundantly clear when you order it.

Which is odd, because if you order coffee black, you'll get it that way - nobody just automatically dumps cream and sugar in it (except in New England).