What the hell is Fox news thinking?

Hijinx

Fox suspends Judge Janine and hires Donna Brazille. I cannot freaking believe this.

In a statement on Monday, Fox News said it had a duty to reach out to Democrats.

“Donna Brazile on being signed as a Fox contributor: “There’s an audience on Fox News that doesn’t hear enough from Democrats. We have to engage that audience.” — Howard Kutz

Brazile is a known liar and cheater who should be under investigation for her role in many schemes during the 2016 election. One of the schemes was feeding debate questions to Hillary Clinton before a televised debate.

I guess Conservatives just lost what little voice we had in the media.

TCROW

Fox suspends Judge Janine and hires Donna Brazille. I cannot freaking believe this.

In a statement on Monday, Fox News said it had a duty to reach out to Democrats.

“Donna Brazile on being signed as a Fox contributor: “There’s an audience on Fox News that doesn’t hear enough from Democrats. We have to engage that audience.” — Howard Kutz

Brazile is a known liar and cheater who should be under investigation for her role in many schemes during the 2016 election. One of the schemes was feeding debate questions to Hillary Clinton before a televised debate.

:lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They're thinking, "What does Vraiblonde want? She needs to be kept happy or hell will break loose."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Why do you say that? Is Jeanine Pirro the only conservative on Fox, in your opinion?

To me she's the Right's Hillary. Or Joy Behar. Or some other obnoxious screecher.

Grumpy

It's all about the benjamins (where have I heard that?) Straight news is boring and doesn't draw a crowd. Gotta have them newsfolks mixing it up with bs, spats and idiotic opinions.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Brazille is being hired to be an edgy version of Juan Williams or Shepard Smith?

--- End of line (MCP)

SamSpade

I kind of like Judge Jeanine. I guess what ticks me off about is not the Brazile thing, but that she was bumped for anti-Islam remarks - ostensibly by a Muslim producer, although I can't find more than a few sources on that - but anti-Semitic remarks can be made by a Congressman, repeatedly, and she doesn't merit censure or reprimand. That much worse stuff is repeated on air by pundits and anchors repeatedly, and it doesn't raise an eyebrow.

I'm not sure who to be pissed it - FOX for being wimps, or the producer who needs to be canned.

This_person

I kind of like Judge Jeanine. I guess what ticks me off about is not the Brazile thing, but that she was bumped for anti-Islam remarks - ostensibly by a Muslim producer, although I can't find more than a few sources on that - but anti-Semitic remarks can be made by a Congressman, repeatedly, and she doesn't merit censure or reprimand. That much worse stuff is repeated on air by pundits and anchors repeatedly, and it doesn't raise an eyebrow.

I'm not sure who to be pissed it - FOX for being wimps, or the producer who needs to be canned.
The judge's comments weren't even anti-Islam - they were questions about loyalty. The same questions people ask of every president and congressional elected member who holds something higher than the constitution in the conduct of their job (and should ask).

As for Donna - she's a known quantity. I would much rather have news organizations that do not try to sway an opinion with their spin, but that seems to be unobtainium in today's climate. So, instead of hiring someone who claims to fit that bill but really acts like Donna or the judge, I'd rather have someone who tells us they are Donna or the judge so I can know to filter their comments through that lens.

SamSpade

The judge's comments weren't even anti-Islam - they were questions about loyalty. The same questions people ask of every president and congressional elected member who holds something higher than the constitution in the conduct of their job (and should ask).

Saw this, the other day...

"You are controversial. You have a long history of believing that your religious beliefs should prevail. When you read your speeches, the conclusion one draws is that the dogma lives loudly within you. And that's of concern when you come to big issues that large numbers of people have fought for years in this country."

Wow. That'd get an anchor fired for ridiculing Islam, huh?

Except it was Dianne Feinstein assaulting the beliefs of a Catholic judicial nominee, Amy Coney Barrett.
So, yeah, I get it. She did question that if you wear a hijab in Congress, you're placing sharia above U.S. law and
so challenged if she was American first, or Muslim first.

And to be fair, if I was asked if I was Christian first over American, I'd say of course I am.
I also would not allow my beliefs to influence my job - if there was a conflict, I'd quit.

Hijinx

No big loss on JJP to me, I echo Vrai, she's a bit to high strung for me. Give me more Gutfeld, at least he can joke about stuff.
Judge Janine is no higher strung than Vrai.
When Vrai goes off on a rant she can make Judge Janine seem calm.

Funny she should be against someone who is so much like herself.. Or maybe not so funny.

Midnightrider

The house passed a bill smacking her down. That’s about all they can do unless she breaks the law.

What makes you think her producer is Muslim or that he/she made the decision regarding Jeanie

SamSpade

The house passed a bill smacking her down. That’s about all they can do unless she breaks the law.

What makes you think her producer is Muslim or that he/she made the decision regarding Jeanie

To the first - the House bill never named her, and substituted wishy-washy squishy language and refused to name her.
One of the first things this cycle, other than the live born baby abortion thing that really cheesed me off about the Dems -
they have a sitting racist/bigot making bigoted remarks, and for all their bluster about bigotry, they can't be relied upon
to at least reprimand her.

To the second, the name that keeps popping up is Hufsa Kamal Khan. She may have not been instrumental in getting her
bumped, but she was the first on board in complaining publicly about it.

glhs837

Power with Control

Funny she should be against someone who is so much like herself.. Or maybe not so funny.

Maybe I'm more accepting of written rants than verbal ones. Since 99% of my Fox consumption is over the radio, voice matters, and her voice annoys eh crap out of me.

This_person

Saw this, the other day...

"You are controversial. You have a long history of believing that your religious beliefs should prevail. When you read your speeches, the conclusion one draws is that the dogma lives loudly within you. And that's of concern when you come to big issues that large numbers of people have fought for years in this country."

Wow. That'd get an anchor fired for ridiculing Islam, huh?

Except it was Dianne Feinstein assaulting the beliefs of a Catholic judicial nominee, Amy Coney Barrett.
So, yeah, I get it. She did question that if you wear a hijab in Congress, you're placing sharia above U.S. law and
so challenged if she was American first, or Muslim first.

And to be fair, if I was asked if I was Christian first over American, I'd say of course I am.
I also would not allow my beliefs to influence my job - if there was a conflict, I'd quit.
There's no doubt I'm a Christian first. That said, when I do my work I do it in a way that glorifies God, but puts the responsibility for my work on my employer. Were I an elected official, my first professional responsibility would be to the Constitution.

I mean that in terms of all the people who say, "shouldn't we care for the poor, the sick" etc., etc., etc. Of course we should. WE should, not the government. So, my job as an elected official would be to uphold and defend the constitution, and my job as a Christian is to fund and actively support the charitable organizations that do those things "we should do". I know you get it, but I don't know why progs don't get it except that they see government as a deity.

So, the question the judge was putting up was whether she'd, professionally, put the constitution above Sharia. We never did get an answer to that.

SamSpade

I know you get it, but I don't know why progs don't get it except that they see government as a deity.

No, that's pretty much IT. For many on the left, politics has replaced religion, and therefore, charity is done through their "church" also known as the government. This is at the heart of so many of their appeals in public - if you listen KNOWING that at root, that's their philosophy, it tracks.

They also behave like your typical religious fundie intolerant of other religions - that if you don't do things THEIR way, it's because of sin, some moral failing, some bigotry or greed or something wrong with you, because any moral person would necessarily agree with their "religion".

At one point - I do not understand them, and here's why. Let's say you think your street is disgusting and littered with trash. I might raise a point with the town government - but the FIRST THING I WOULD DO is get a garbage bag and pick it up myself. Next, I would ask others to help. Most of those I know on the left don't do that - they want the government to get others to do it. Now that is a very simplified version but I've seen others. One I've mentioned on here often was a fund we had at work where everyone pitched in a small amount weekly, and stuff like birthdays, flowers, gifts, cards. I chose not to participate - my sense was twofold. See, they created the fund to make sure that everyone got a card or a cake, even if everyone hated you and no one wanted to buy you a gift on their own. I didn't want that - I gave very generously to my friends, and to others - well, they needed to demonstrate a little concern for others to merit attention. As a result - I was out of the running for their charity fund - don't give, you don't get. So much for charity. What I wanted was the freedom to give as I pleased.

But as it turned out, the fund died on its own. Because the ones in charge of the fund weren't so "fair" when it came to spending the money. One woman earned a degree she worked on WHILE AT WORK - and they had a lavish party. The next month one woman lost her father - and she got nothing. My father later told me this sort of thing also happened where HE worked - some people got more than others, even though the intent was to be charitable to all. Best choice is, do it yourself.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Ah, but I am not a paid pundit, and therefore not required to be at least somewhat telegenic. I also do not have a screechy voice.

:razz:

For what it's worth, I dislike Mark Levin for the same reason: his delivery is grating. And Hannity is annoying as well - he's like a drinking game with his repetitive buzzwords.

Being neither here nor there, I'm not necessarily against Judge Janine, I just don't find her or her show very interesting. And I do think Donna Brazile will be a great addition to the FAIR AND BALANCED Fox team. If they really want to make me happy, they'll forgive and forget with O'Reilly and bring him back in the time slot of that blonde chick who's right before Tucker.

I like other opinions and want to hear the other side. But I want it to be thoughtful and lucid, without screaming rhetoric and personal attacks and entirely consisting of identity politics. Donna Brazile is intelligent and presents her ideas without showmanship, and that is becoming increasingly rare on the Left so I appreciate her effort.

Hijinx

If you like her that's fine. To me she is a left wing Clinton enabler.

I believe Fox will lose many of it';s viewers, and that's ok too.