What the Media Isn't Telling You About the United States' Coronavirus Case Numbers

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
In a visual presentation titled "Where the U.S. Stands Now on Coronavirus Testing" the New York Times even used whole numbers for confirmed cases in one slide, and then in the next slide used per capita numbers for testing, in order to paint the United States in the worst light.

SLIDE 1: This week, the number of coronavirus tests in the United States surpassed those in South Korea and Italy — two countries that had been testing more aggressively.

SLIDE 2: But the United States, which has the most known coronavirus cases in the world, continues to lag in tests per capita, according to an analysis of estimates from the COVID Tracking Project. Both South Korea and Italy have much smaller populations than the U.S.

So, why weren't the case numbers adjusted to show them on a per capita basis, the same way testing was?

Well, let's take a look and see why.

Here are the top six countries by confirmed cases (based on the case numbers from the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University as of 2:30 pm ET March 27) in descending order:

1. USA (94,238)
  2. Italy (86,498)
  3. Spain (64,059)
  4. Germany (49,344)
  5. Iran (32,332)
  6. France (29,593)
https://pjmedia.com/trending/what-t...t-the-united-states-coronavirus-case-numbers/

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
This (one of the reasons) Trump and his team are holding daily news conferences (in the evenings - when most people were home before the quarantines began), and Trump continues to tweet.

The American people are tuning in and I think they're paying attention to Trump now. :yay:

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

There is only one number that concerns me .
What is the percentage of survivors in the US as compared to other countries.

herb749

There is only one number that concerns me .
What is the percentage of survivors in the US as compared to other countries.

You can't even find out the total number that have been tested. And all you hear if its found out you don't have it is you can still get it.

jrt_ms1995

Our health department blows compared with the information our surrounding states put out.
Our health department needs more of our money so they can hire consultants to advise them on their blowing, hire more staff to blow more efficiently, procure more space so they can blow without blowing in cramped cubicle confines, and produce more reports and informational material on how even more money would alleviate their blowdomnimity.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Found posted on FB - (You need to have a FB account to see this post - but I posted the body of the post here)
Charles County Government
March 27 at 8:58 AM ·
The State of Maryland has a text message notification so you can receive alerts, tips, and resources related to COVID-19 and other threats and hazards affecting or that may affect Maryland. Simply text “MdReady” to 898211 to sign up.