Governor What They Are Saying: Maryland Farmer COVID-19 Relief Program A “Huge Help,” “Real Assistance,” And “Welcome Relief” For Farmers Hurt By COVID-19

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
(Watch)​

Delaware Governor John Carney: “COVID-19 has impacted all of us, but for the poultry growers who take pride in putting safe, nutritious food on your table, many of the roadblocks that COVID-19 threw at them were out of their control. This grant program is an opportunity once again for both our states to show our support for our family farms.” (Dave Ryan, “Grant program aims to help Delaware, Maryland contract poultry growers,” Delaware State News, 10/19/20)

Hurlock Farmer Marylou Brown: “That’s a huge help and the fact that it’s coming directly to us, that’s great…It will get me through. It will help me and make a difference. Instead of having to go into my operating line of credit I can use this money to make the difference and I need to pay some bills.” (Kyleigh Panetta, “‘It will get me through’: Poultry farmer reacts to new COVID-19 grant program,” WMDT, 10/19/20)

Salisbury Farmer Sam Parker: “My farm has been in my family for eight generations. And it truly is a family farm operation, where it involves myself, my daughter, my wife, and my mom….together we run the operation, and so I think it’s exactly what Governor Hogan was targeting when he talked about family farms.” (Cassandra Semyon, “Delmarva Poultry Growers React to COVID-19 Relief,” WBOC, 10/20/20)

Delmarva Poultry Industry, Inc.: “With this grant program, Gov. Carney and Gov. Hogan are delivering real assistance to farmers who suffered losses from COVID-19, and DPI applauds their commitment to the chicken community.” (Mark Fowser, “Contract Poultry Growers May Qualify For Relief,” WGMD, 10/20/20)

Maryland Farm Bureau Executive Director John Torres: “We would like to thank Governor Hogan for recognizing the hard work and dedication of Maryland’s farmers. This news is a welcome relief to the farmers who ensure that American families have safe and affordable food on their dinner tables, not only during this pandemic but each and every day.” (“Farm Bureau Applauds New COVID-19 Relief Program For Maryland’s Poultry Farmers,” Maryland Farm Bureau, 10/20/20)

Learn more about the Maryland COVID-19 Farmer Relief Program by visiting https://mda.maryland.gov/pages/farmer-relief.aspx.

-###-