What to do this weekend...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...Frederick holds it's 25th 'In the streets' festival down town.

IN THE STREET 2007, Frederick, Maryland

It's a good time. Gonna be warm, lots of bands, lots of food. Stuff for kids. Well behaved crowds.

As an added bonus, these fine freak folks will be in town;

WARNING PAGE

With a little luck, God will see fit to call them home and we can all watch. :zzzt:

Hmm, sounds interesting... I'm heading up to the SailBoat Show in Annapolis Saturday, then the March of Dimes ride on Sunday.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

It's a good time. Gonna be warm, lots of bands, lots of food. Stuff for kids. Well behaved crowds.

WARNING PAGE

With a little luck, God will see fit to call them home and we can all watch. :zzzt:

You inviting us up? :biggrin:

I can't see the freak folks..it's blocked here.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Patuxent River Appreciation Days
Date: 10/6/2007
Time: 10 AM
Duration: 07:00

On Saturday, October 6 and Sunday, October 7, the Patuxent River Appreciation Days (PRAD) Celebration returns to Solomons for its 30th consecutive year. This two-day family festival, held on the grounds of the Calvert Marine Museum and field across the road, celebrates the Patuxent River and its positive influence on the area’s quality of life in the past, present, and future. The festival runs from 10:00am until 5:00pm, and includes a host of activities each day.
Highlights of the 30th annual PRAD festival include Blue Sky Puppet Theatre’s presentation of “Lights Out on the Bunny Brothers” on Saturday at 11:00am in the museum auditorium.
In the ‘Green Village’ on the museum grounds, the theme is People for the Patuxent. Join the movement and pin on your button, get your picture taken with Senator Fowler wading in the river, visit environmental displays, and participate in family activities and workshops geared to helping all of us be better stewards of our environment. Inside, Doug Poole will feature his “SnakePoole” with all kinds of native and exotic reptiles.
The 30th annual PRAD festival will include old-time favorites such as a craft fair, live music, local and ethnic food specialties, children’s games, free boat rides, free admission to the Calvert Marine Museum, and much more. Across the road, taste wonderful local fare and a juried craft show. The annual Sunday PRAD Parade will take place along Solomons Island Road beginning at 2:00. Bring a chair or blanket and grab your favorite seat along the parade route.
Friday evening the museum will introduce First Free Friday, a new initiative that will keep the museum open and free to the public from 5 – 8:00 p.m. the first Friday of the month. In October, in keeping with the PRAD theme, we will show “Preacher for the Patuxent” at 7:00 p.m. in the auditorium. This documentary featuring Senator Bernie Fowler is a testament to the work he has done to preserve this great resource and is a tremendous inspiration for all of us. Senator Fowler will be on hand to answer questions. There will also be representatives from environmental groups available to explain how anyone can get involved in the effort to clean up the river.

For more information, including a complete schedule or events, visit Patuxent River Appreciation Days - Solomons Maryland , or call 410-326-2042 ext. 41.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady

WARNING PAGE

Hmm...I'm heading up to Frederick this weekend.

Wonder if I could talk my dad in to going? :whistle:

Ought to email my mother in Topeka and tell her the Phelps family is out here.