What Was Hunter Biden Doing in Ukraine

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"The underlying story here involves Hunter Biden going around the world really collecting large payments from foreign governments and foreign oligarchs in the case of Ukraine," Schweizer, the author of "Secret Empires," said on Fox News' "The Ingraham Angle."

Joe Biden, now the Democratic presidential frontrunner for 2020, faced scrutiny for months over accusations that he pressured Ukraine to fire its top prosecutor, who at that time was leading a corruption investigation into a natural gas company that had ties to Biden's son.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/peter...ht-to-ask-for-investigation-into-hunter-biden

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden Faces Conflict of Interest Questions That Are Being Promoted by Trump and Allies

But new details about Hunter Biden’s involvement, and a decision this year by the current Ukrainian prosecutor general to reverse himself and reopen an investigation into Burisma, have pushed the issue back into the spotlight just as the senior Mr. Biden is beginning his 2020 presidential campaign.

They show how Hunter Biden and his American business partners were part of a broad effort by Burisma to bring in well-connected Democrats during a period when the company was facing investigations backed not just by domestic Ukrainian forces but by officials in the Obama administration. Hunter Biden’s work for Burisma prompted concerns among State Department officials at the time that the connection could complicate Vice President Biden’s diplomacy in Ukraine, former officials said.

“I have had no role whatsoever in relation to any investigation of Burisma, or any of its officers,” Hunter Biden said Wednesday in a statement. “I explicitly limited my role to focus on corporate governance best practices to facilitate Burisma’s desire to expand globally.”

Hunter Biden, who left Burisma’s board last month, was one of many politically prominent Americans of both major parties who made money in Ukraine over the last decade. In several cases — most notably that of Paul Manafort, President Trump’s former campaign chairman — that business came under criminal investigation that exposed a seedy side of the lucrative Western consulting industry in Ukraine.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Washington Post on Wednesday said the complaint referenced a "promise" Trump allegedly made to the unidentified leader. CNN has not confirmed that aspect of the controversy.

The whistleblower didn't have direct knowledge of the communications, an official briefed on the matter told CNN. Instead, the whistleblower's concerns came in part from learning information that was not obtained during the course of their work, and those details have played a role in the administration's determination that the complaint didn't fit the reporting requirements under the intelligence whistleblower law, the official said.

It is hard to know the potential exposure faced by the President.

But given the sensitivity of the issue, the complaint is likely to have come from an official familiar with the scope of presidential power.

If, on the other hand, the alleged behavior by the President does not reach such a bar, the political fallout will be considerable. Trump, acting within his wide Article Two constitutional powers, may have been maligned and there will be accusations that the whistleblower -- though moving within the scope of the law -- will have overreached.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/20/politics/donald-trump-whistleblower/index.html

so FANTASY Speculation is now news ?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden Explodes When Confronted On His Ukraine Scandal

"Mr. Vice President, how many times have you ever spoken to your son about his overseas business dealings?" Doocy asked.

"I have never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings," Biden claimed. "And here's what I know, I know Trump deserves to be investigated. He is violating every basic norm of a president. You should be asking him the question, why is he on the phone with a foreign leader trying to intimidate a foreign leader, if that’s what happened, that appears to be what happened, you should be looking at Trump."

"Everybody looked at this, and everybody's looked at it and said there’s nothing there," Biden claimed. "Ask the right questions!"

Hijinx

What is Biden's son's expertise that puts him on any board in the Ukraine other than being Joe Biden's son.?

officeguy

Biden is a bad liar*. After the death of their mom, he raised the two boys and was supposedly close with both of them. Biden was known as the 'Senator from MBNA'. The idea that his son who was supposedly 'in finance' wouldn't discuss his work in Ukraine with dad is laughable. It would be similarly disingenuous for him to claim that he wasn't aware of what was going on in Delaware state politics with his other son being a big player there.

* Its difficult to be a good liar if you can't remember crap.

SamSpade

If Biden were smart - he'd find a way to ignore the issue. There's no angle on all of this that doesn't make him look bad.

If he lets it go, the press will largely cover for him. But if he keeps opening his mouth, to the horror of his campaign staff - he's just going to draw MORE attention to his involvement. Every time I go back to this, it seems it was always worse than I guessed.

Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

Biden is a bad liar*. After the death of their mom, he raised the two boys and was supposedly close with both of them. Biden was known as the 'Senator from MBNA'. The idea that his son who was supposedly 'in finance' wouldn't discuss his work in Ukraine with dad is laughable.

No kidding. Flies on Air Force Two with Dad to China - wham, couple weeks later, on with Bohai Harvest. Rides on Air Force Two again to Ukraine - a few weeks later, on board with Burisma. If they didn't talk at all on the plane, they must have talked before or after. Hunter's creds don't get him all that on his own.

BernieP

Resident PIA
That's why the whistle blower report was filed, to target Trump and keep this out of the headlines.
Lunch pale Joe my ass, he's a vain, stupid and crooked. Always has been.

officeguy

No kidding. Flies on Air Force Two with Dad to China - wham, couple weeks later, on with Bohai Harvest. Rides on Air Force Two again to Ukraine - a few weeks later, on board with Burisma. If they didn't talk at all on the plane, they must have talked before or after. Hunter's creds don't get him all that on his own.

When you hear that story, you would think it comes from Nigeria. Vice Presidents son travels around with dad and picks up no-show jobs and board appointments along the way.

Every year, my employer makes me sign a conflict of interest statement that includes any business activities my family may involved in. Funny, doesn't seem to apply to the VP.

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

I heard he is lean six sigma and PMP certified. :razz:

Pretty sure he went to college.
It seems he finished near the bottom of his class, and had to use plagiarism to get that.
Rumored he failed the bar exam 3 times.