What was your first "Good" or "Fun" car?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
1965 Ford Mustang and drove it until 1997 when the floor pans, frame rails and quarters were so bad fixing it was no longer economical.

Last edited:

NextJen

Raisin cane
My first good and fun car was my 1986 Mustang LX. It wasn't so special, didn't even have ac, but it was mine without a co-signer and it was a Mustang. Since then I have had 4 others, with my 2015 GT being the most fun car I have had to date. Currently looking for Mustang #6. I'm an addict.

My 'first' car was a '64 Jeep Wagoneer. Beat the snot out of it off-road. Destroyed the transmission plowing snow. Blew up the motor on the the Jersey Turnpike on the way to Florida.

My first 'fun' car was a '78 Subaru BRAT. I had the greatest time in that thing. It would fly past huge F250s in sugar sand on the beach, took me on many camping trips. Got airborne on the Taconic Parkway in NY, unintentionally.

glhs837

Power with Control
That would be my 1985 Shelby Charger. Got me hooked on the crack that boost is. Taught me a lot, that car. Torque steer, the benefits of 50 series tires and sundry others.

Auntie Biache'

Until I got the Z3, I drove cars out of necessity, and they're too numerous to count. I drove the Z3 every day, for 13 years. I loved it. I got rid of it when my grandson came along, and went back to a baby mover. I just got rid of that-bought a pick up 'em up truck Monday. Different times in our lives call for different vehicles.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
My first car back in 1983 was a 1974 Mustang II. I taught myself how to drive manual trans in my driveway with it, fun little car. Sold it for what I paid for it, it ended up getting stolen from new owner and found in a pond.

Attachments

• 338084_4469841114827_540694422_o.jpg
    338084_4469841114827_540694422_o.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 254

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
My fun cars now- 74 Mustang II Ghia, 78 Mustang II King Cobra, and 95 Mustang GT

Attachments

• 36608693_10215776388433371_4456439529250750464_o.jpg
    36608693_10215776388433371_4456439529250750464_o.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 220

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
That would be my 1985 Shelby Charger. Got me hooked on the crack that boost is. Taught me a lot, that car. Torque steer, the benefits of 50 series tires and sundry others.
Ahhh hence your screen name- Goes Like Hell S'more ;) Those were cool cars back in my high school days!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
'66 Mustang 289 4-speed followed shortly after by '57 Chevy with a '67 Corvette engine, M-21 4-speed...I had both when I was a senior in HS and for several years afterward in mid 70s.

Grumpy

Had one of those, called it the red rocket, only had it a couple years. Owing to not seeing any of them on the car nowadays makes me think they weren't very durable. That boost was addicting.

My 1st car was a 64 Ford Falcon convertible, 289, fun and reliable. 1st new car I had was a 70 Vega my mother won in a raffle that I bought from her..really miss that $32 a month car payment. Most fun car I have owned was an 06 Mustang GT, had 186k miles on it when I sold it 5 years ago, still ran perfectly. Just bought a new contender for most fun car a couple weeks ago, got it for a steal with a known problem that I am fixing this weekend

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
But this was the first car I ever owned..bought in 1973 and had it driving by 1976. In the distant background is my 1963 El Dorado convertible..bought that one when I was 15...drove it around the country roads where we lived but never put it on the road legally...though I guess that technically speaking that El Dorado was my first "fun" car. Black convertible with white leather interior and 23 feet long..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Took my drivers test in a 66 Mustang GT 3-speed.
Mine had the 289-4V and a T-10 close ratio 4-speed. Had a lot - almost all - of the GT options ...dual exhaust, front disk brakes, pony interior, wood sport wheel etc but yet was not a factory GT. I later added the exhaust holes and trim rings in the rear valance and the driving lights in the grill and called it a GT...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Looks like a real woman catcher, eh? (the car.... not you.)
Notice there is no window glass or roof. So no...none of my wimmins at the time were perticklerly impressed with the old Dodge. That's what I had the '57 for. ;-)

glhs837

Power with Control
Ahhh hence your screen name- Goes Like Hell S'more ;) Those were cool cars back in my high school days!

In the late 90s, it was my pleasure for a short time to own and drive #837 out of the 1000 GLHS Chargers made. Sadly, it's previous life as a Michigan car with cracked undercoating made it untenable. I went to unbolt the cable clamp for the E-brake and about six sqaure inches of floor ripped out...... I was using a six inch ratchet and a 10mm socket.

The 85 got traded in on a 89 Ford Ranger, one of a series of questionable financial choices made under the influnece of my first wife..... :)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Took mine in my mothers 1970 Barracuda. No power steering or brakes. :lol:
Took mine in a 1968 Dodge pickup..3-on-tree, manual brakes, manual steering. Just one of our farm trucks. But I'd been driving it or the others like it since age 12..so I passed not problem.