What was your very first job?

oldman

Lobster Land
I worked summers beginning at 14 at a shrub nursery, hoeing, pulling weeds, cutting grass as my first taxable job. Only made 30 some dollars a week and Mom took half of that saying I needed to pay rent. It kept me in candy and sodas and I was good with that. Only after 3 years in the Navy did I have enough money for a car.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I truly believe you and BG are going to ensure Bubba is a working lad who learns the importance of a job well done no matter how menial the tasks, the value of a dollar and the pride in doing for himself. As much as you drive me nuts I do admit you are a "man-up" guy and I do understand why BG picked you as the father of her child and between the both of you you are raising a charismatic, strong, self-sufficient, provider of a man which is rare these days.... :clap:

Already having discussions on what he wants to do when he grows up, and what he has to do to get there. He wants to be an engineer that designs new cars, or new ways to travel.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I started out working nights as a flasher.
About the time that I was going to change jobs,
I decided to stick it out a few more years.

Stew

I worked summers beginning at 14 at a shrub nursery, hoeing, pulling weeds, cutting grass as my first taxable job. Only made 30 some dollars a week and Mom took half of that saying I needed to pay rent. It kept me in candy and sodas and I was good with that. Only after 3 years in the Navy did I have enough money for a car.

Paying rent at 14! ohhh mama:shocking:

BigBlue

I think parents buy their kids cars and shower them with cash so they can brag. It's a sign of success or something, how bad you can spoil your kid.

Sorry ,I disagree .Kids are now competing with the immigrants for jobs ,they(immigrants) don't have the curfew or school problems as the regular kids do so the business's hire them not kids .Not saying there are not parents like that but not what you think anyway .

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Sorry ,I disagree .Kids are now competing with the immigrants for jobs ,they(immigrants) don't have the curfew or school problems as the regular kids do so the business's hire them not kids .Not saying there are not parents like that but not what you think anyway .

Where are they competing for jobs with immigrant kids? I live in Prince Frederick, and I do not see a large volume of immigrant children working anywhere. In fact, I don't see a large volume of immigrant children. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Are you trying to say that non-white kids get to stay out all night and they don't go to school?

SG_Player1974

Where are they competing for jobs with immigrant kids? I live in Prince Frederick, and I do not see a large volume of immigrant children working anywhere. In fact, I don't see a large volume of immigrant children. :shrug:

You do realize that there is a whole wide world outside of little ole' Prince Frederick right?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Worked at the cafeteria at St. Mary's College during the summers, as well as in to the school year.

Rode my bike 7 miles one-way to get there. During the HOT summers. :hot:

SG_Player1974

You do realize he made a very generalized, sweeping statement and those are typically wrong, don't you?

So the rationalization for your narrow minded statement is the fact that he made too broad of a statement?

So... you are not wrong simply because you think he is not right?

Although a bit too "sweeping", he is not too far from the mark. Kids these days do have to compete with immigrants (illegal?) for positions.