What we WANT

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
I too, bought a used trailer with a four foot dressing room with the intent to make it into a weekend package. It came with saddle racks in the dressing room which I removed. I am on a low budget so it may take another year before I am finished. First I insulated the goose neck and dressing room area and put in enough paneling to install a couple of cabinets I made out of barn board over the winter. Been camping once this spring before it got to hot and have decided to drop the upper cabinets and am going to make another set of storage cabinets above it this winter and more for the goose neck area. I was given an alcohol stove out of a boat which works wonderfully. I made the cross to keep me and my horse safe while traveling. So far I'm very happy with the turnout, it's exactly how my mind's eye saw it in my beginning thoughts. I was given an ac unit out of an old trailer and hope to install that this winter and have some more wiring done. I have a 12 volt/110 cooler that I will use for a fridge. Can't wait for the next camping trip coming up Labor day weekend!

Attachments

• Horsetrailercabinets2.jpg
    Horsetrailercabinets2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Horsetrailercabinets.jpg
    Horsetrailercabinets.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 124

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
We have been knocking around the idea of selling my living quarters sundowner sierra....3 h slant with 12 living...would like smaller living and 4 horse...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I too, bought a used trailer with a four foot dressing room with the intent to make it into a weekend package. It came with saddle racks in the dressing room which I removed. I am on a low budget so it may take another year before I am finished. First I insulated the goose neck and dressing room area and put in enough paneling to install a couple of cabinets I made out of barn board over the winter. Been camping once this spring before it got to hot and have decided to drop the upper cabinets and am going to make another set of storage cabinets above it this winter and more for the goose neck area. I was given an alcohol stove out of a boat which works wonderfully. I made the cross to keep me and my horse safe while traveling. So far I'm very happy with the turnout, it's exactly how my mind's eye saw it in my beginning thoughts. I was given an ac unit out of an old trailer and hope to install that this winter and have some more wiring done. I have a 12 volt/110 cooler that I will use for a fridge. Can't wait for the next camping trip coming up Labor day weekend!
OMG THATs BEAUTIFUL! Can you send a wider pix that shows the full orientation of where things are positioned according to the sleeping area?

We're rolling around the idea of selling our GN warmblood sized with living Q trailer and redoing our 3 h/slant GN with dressing room.

I'm told you can buy the divider door for the back to make the rear tack. Our 3 h slant has one which you can remove the saddle rack and put it in the dressing room and fold the divider doors down. Where do you put your tack?

Paso why do you need a 4 horse?

Last edited:

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
No wider pictures, what you see is what I got, it's only a four foot dressing room! Just got a microwave to put in there and still have a ways to go till it's finished. It's not how much room you have, it's how you use your room. I carry my tack in the back seat of the truck or in the dressing room until I'm set up at the campsite, then set it up in the back of the trailer on portable folding saddle racks. It works perfectly for me.