What Would an ‘Open Borders’ World Actually Look Like?

PeoplesElbow

I come from a place that is very white, out of 130 graduating class in high school we had 2 black kids.

About the time I graduated high school a federal agency built an office right down the road and bused in some of its employees to find a place to live (they were from DC). The neighbors saw the bus was about half full of blacks and threw a fit. We are talking middle class, good job blacks here and most of the locals did not care. We had the first black family move in on the block and the neighbors greeted them and told them that they made their property values go down, that was a real site to see. Over 20 years later the agency employs mostly locals now, the first black family on the block is just another family on the block that gets along with every one, but I suspect if more moved to the block there would be some resistance to it, a french family moved in a couple blocks away that is refereed to as "the foreigners".

BOP

Attachments

• Wins an argument against a liberal.jpg
    Wins an argument against a liberal.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 122

TCROW

I come from a place that is very white, out of 130 graduating class in high school we had 2 black kids.

About the time I graduated high school a federal agency built an office right down the road and bused in some of its employees to find a place to live (they were from DC). The neighbors saw the bus was about half full of blacks and threw a fit. We are talking middle class, good job blacks here and most of the locals did not care. We had the first black family move in on the block and the neighbors greeted them and told them that they made their property values go down, that was a real site to see. Over 20 years later the agency employs mostly locals now, the first black family on the block is just another family on the block that gets along with every one, but I suspect if more moved to the block there would be some resistance to it, a french family moved in a couple blocks away that is refereed to as "the foreigners".

Yea, bigotry and fear is everywhere.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
What they should have done is stayed there and fixed their neighborhood.
Some times you gotta know when to fold 'em.

Originally the place didn't need any fixing. When folks with a different mind set and culture move it things change rapidly. Lawns don't get cut. Homes need painting but nobody does it. Then the crime rate increases slightly. Some subdivisions in Florida have neighborhood watch patrols. People volunteer to keep an eye out for their neighbors. They challenge anything that looks out of place. Some of those people have even been attacked while doing this good deed. What kind of person physically attacks someone keeping watch in their own neighborhood? Certainly not the kind of person any of us want to live near.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm still waiting for the minority neighborhood that whites line up to move into because it's such a great place to live.

that is gentrification .... Rich / Well To Do whitey moving in to 'black' neighborhoods buying up all the cheap property funning the poor colored folk out

I saw this in the 90's in the Unit Block of V or W St NW right off North Capitol across from Glennwood or Prospect Hill Cemetery

A Gay guy bought a run down row house and commenced to Rehabing the joint .... I did all the plumbing rehab

when I asked why they wanted to live here ?

It was cheap compared to Capitol Hill and other places .... and had a garage outback

Ok Fair Enough

TCROW

Some times you gotta know when to fold 'em.

Originally the place didn't need any fixing. When folks with a different mind set and culture move it things change rapidly. Lawns don't get cut. Homes need painting but nobody does it. Then the crime rate increases slightly. Some subdivisions in Florida have neighborhood watch patrols. People volunteer to keep an eye out for their neighbors. They challenge anything that looks out of place. Some of those people have even been attacked while doing this good deed. What kind of person physically attacks someone keeping watch in their own neighborhood? Certainly not the kind of person any of us want to live near.

Yep. And now perhaps you’ll grasp why it’s so incredibly stupid to demand people stay in their home country and fix the problems there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Can you mention any previous majority white neighborhood where minorities moved in and quality of life, home values and school test scores improved?

Harlem in the 30s and 40s It didn't start going downhill until the early 60s.

It's not so much race as class. I have seen middle class predominantly black neighborhoods that are lovely. Well tended homes and yards, nice looking kids running around on their bikes, like that. Mixed neighborhoods where everyone's on the same page also do well.

The problems come when the powers that be decide to tinker with social engineering, and build low income housing in a residential neighborhood. Or put in a halfway house, or a rehab facility. And nice black families don't like that, either. They flight, too, just like they did when Harlem started going bad with drugs and crime in the 60s.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Demcrats pretty much destroy any demographic they target to "help". Instead of getting smarter and wealthier, the targeted demo gets dumber and poorer. We've seen this with black people, college students, immigrants, and pretty much every other group the Dems get their hands on. They make pets out of them and tap into the human condition so they feel angry and entitled and unwilling to work for what they want.

The only reason white people don't fall for it en masse is because there's too many of us, and we don't identify as "white" like other groups identify by their common trait. Dems can't corral us and treat us as a group, and therefore control us.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Yep. And now perhaps you’ll grasp why it’s so incredibly stupid to demand people stay in their home country and fix the problems there.
Well if they have valid documents that allow them to relocate to a new country then it's all good. They can run away from the shithole country and hopefully for the citizens of their new nation they leave behind the parts of their culture that kept their home nation a disaster.