What would you do if you didn’t have to?

UglyBear

The PowerBall jackpot is something like $380M. Take-home is $300M or something, exact number doesn’t matter, that’s “f it all money”.

Mrs UB and I were just discussing what would we do if we won. Would we even stay here, where we are tied to because of my job? What if we didn’t have to do anything? What would we do?

@vraiblonde , you featured in the next half an hour of discussion — wife would have liked to do what you did , camper and travel.
What about kids and school? After the last year of homeschooling, we can do that on the road, and the kids would be better off for it.
I still think that humans need to have some strain in their life, something to push against, some goal that needs to be worked for, to stay sane and healthy.

What would you do, if you didn’t have to do anything?

TPD

the poor dad
I would buy an island in the Caribbean to live on and about 2 or 3 times a week I would go to the main island to do tours/drive the tour bus for the cruise ship passengers and do those god awful jokes over the intercom. I would laugh all the way back to my private island with the cash tips.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
wife would have liked to do what you did , camper and travel.
I thought about that, and also buying houses in different areas, play snowbird. But then again, with that much money, just go where ever you want, rent, and walk away with no responsibility. Camping is great, you get a very unique view of the world, but again, with that much money, camping can be hard, uncomfortable, weather-negative, maintenance, etc... so again, take a premium hotel room and walk away when you get tired of it all. If you really want the camping experience, there are outfits that will rent you an RV, drive it to your campsite, set it up, fill it with supplies, and knock it down and drag it away when you're done.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I won there are a lot of people whose lives would change. I couldn't possibly spend $300M - I'm way too frugal and lots of money is wasted on me - so I'd give the bulk of it away. It would make me happier to make someone else's dream come true than to buy a bunch of crap I don't want to deal with.

And I'd never tell a soul I won. That way people won't come begging or try to buddy up to me, and I can anonymously give to who I want.

black dog

Free America
Buy a new 60 foot sailboat, penis enhancement, grab my kid and leave a trail of broken dreams, empty bourbon bottles, Asian boom booms and illegitimate kids around the world... The laughing would never stop.
It would be a stone gas....

UglyBear

Buy a new 60 foot sailboat, penis enhancement, grab my kid and leave a trail of broken dreams, empty bourbon bottles, Asian boom booms and illegitimate kids around the world... The laughing would never stop.
It would be a stone gas....
I’m with you except for the penis enhancement. I’m good on that front.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I would buy an island in the Caribbean to live on and about 2 or 3 times a week I would go to the main island to do tours/drive the tour bus for the cruise ship passengers and do those god awful jokes over the intercom. I would laugh all the way back to my private island with the cash tips.
Sounds great, with the exception of PEOPLE. :lol:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member