what??????

GregV814

1) The DNC is having a wall built around the Milwaukee Convention Center before the Convention??? A wall???? say it aint so...

2) There have been NO USA flags on stage during the DNC candidate debates??? say it aint so...

awpitt

Main Streeter
1) The DNC is having a wall built around the Milwaukee Convention Center before the Convention??? A wall???? say it aint so...

This is completely false. Please check your sources prior to posting false information. There will be temporary barriers erected as is the case at all Dem and Rep conventions. It is a US Secret Service requirement.

2) There have been NO USA flags on stage during the DNC candidate debates??? say it aint so...

If you have a beef with this, talk to the TV network.

PsyOps

Pixelated
This is completely false. Please check your sources prior to posting false information. There will be temporary barriers erected as is the case at all Dem and Rep conventions. It is a US Secret Service requirement.

Perhaps you'd like to provide your source for this. I found this in regards to the Philadelphia Convention:

Much has been made of the gigantic four-mile wall that the security people have built to shield DNC attendees from the robust protests taking place throughout Philadelphia. Even People magazine noted that high-profile supporters of Bernie Sanders cannot get anywhere near the delegates they’re hoping to influence and several have been arrested trying to scale the 8-foot fence that rings not just the stadium proper, but a giant area outside the stadium.

According to the US Secret Service, it was a nearly unprecedented effort to shield convention-goers from the riffraff. Special Agent James Henry told NBC10.com that it would include “no-scale fencing to enclose the Wells Fargo Center and Xfinity Live!”

This_person

Of course you get the point - "barriers", whether they are called walls or fences or whatever, have routinely thrashed by the current DNC members as ineffective and racist. Thus, erecting such barriers - even those required by laws like what the DNC previously voted in favor of - is hypocritical.

This_person

The same reason you can't carry weapons into a GOP rally?
That was within the arena only, similarly at the demand of the Secret Service.

However, as OH is an open-carry state, even within the "event zone", open carry was allowed.

The GOP complained. Do you know of any complaints on the DNC's part regarding this?

Chris0nllyn

That was within the arena only, similarly at the demand of the Secret Service.

However, as OH is an open-carry state, even within the "event zone", open carry was allowed.

The GOP complained. Do you know of any complaints on the DNC's part regarding this?

I wasn't talking about any specific event/rally and don't know what you're talking about when it comes to Ohio (the RNC convention like 3 years ago?) just in general terms, a group/entity that is putting on a large gathering has to come up with some sort of security plan. That may include fencing and/or barriers to close down/block streets or not allowing weapons inside.

I will say that Bernie supporters didn't like the fencing they dealt with back in 2016 when the DNC put up fencing in Philly.

DeeJay isn't a Republican.
"We" is the United States - you know, the REST of us.

I never claimed she was. She asked a question, I gave an answer.

The organizers can do what they want. They develop a security plan and that's that.

The DNC and the convention center had there contracts ironed out months ago. They worked together with DHS and SS to develop a security plan that involves fencing.

During the Convention Period and Post-Convention Period, the City will provide police, fire, security, bomb disposal and emergency and rescue services in and around the Convention Facilities and at all official Convention-related meetings and activities in the Metropolitan Area as designated in a security plan developed by the City in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and its subsidiary agencies and divisions, including, but not limited to, the U.S. Secret Service (“USSS”), and in cooperation with other appropriate federal, state and local law enforcement and emergency services agencies, and in consultation with the DNC and the Host Committee (“Security Plan”)
During the Convention Period and at other times as may be set forth in the Security Plan, the City shall restrict to exclusive use of the DNC, and such other persons as the DNC alone may authorize, such streets and sidewalks as may be designated in the Security Plan for purposes of protecting public safety and facilitating transportation flow. The City shall erect and place such fences and other barricades when and as may be provided in the Security Plan
https://newscdn.weigelbroadcasting.com/Zu8nL-1552339173-DNC_Convention_City_Agreement.pdf

I get the argument, though. Point out hypocrisy of the left for wanting to put up fencing.

Seems you disregarded my post that their is no SS requirement for these fences.

Don't most cities erect fencing for large crowds/events?