What

dck4shrt

It depends on if I had any ability to help I guess. I don't think anyone at 28,000 feet is capable of helping anyone else for very long before they themselves are screwed.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
If hes too far dead, Im going to keep going. If hes alive enough to help me help him, thats what I would of done. But up there, I dont think seeing a dead body would be that unusual. Besides, they said he was on a solo climb, does that mean he was alone? If yes, duh, what a bonehead. The list is long of things that you never do alone, and I think mountain climbing is at the top.

Hawk

It Wasn't Me
Its well known if your a mountian climber and are hitting everest and you run into trouble no matter what it is, chances are your screwed, thats how it goes.

D

Dixie

No brainer. Help him. No matter what it takes, you don't just leave someone to die.

I got into a a heated discussion about this same subject with a friend of mine just two days ago. Do ya'll remember what happened in Alexandria last year two years ago when two students from another school beat a student from a rival school to death while a group of other students just stood around and watched? My friend who is a male said he would have just stood there too. What else could be done, someone could have had a gun, a huge fight could have broken out, he could have been hurt. I don't understand how you can not get involved when someone is getting beat up right in front of you. How is it possible to just walk away and live with yourself?

Last edited by a moderator: