Whatcha giving out tonight?

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
That misses the point of Halloween and trick or treating.

I think the modern day point is for the little ones to have fun dressing up and begging for an offering of treats. High school kids are a little old and spoil it for the smaller children.

However, the true point of Hallowe'en is All Hallows' Eve, or All Saints' Eve, a celebration observed in several countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows' Day. It begins the three-day observance of Allhallowtide, the time in the liturgical year dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the faithful departed.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Told 'em only take one handful each...

maxresdefault.jpg

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have a cousin that lives in a small village in Norway. She said that they have only started having Halloween in the last few years. Last night she greeted a little boy who was so scared of her witch costume, he bolted down the street with Mom & Dad chasing him. :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I have a cousin that lives in a small village in Norway. She said that they have only started having Halloween in the last few years. Last night she greeted a little boy who was so scared of her witch costume, he bolted down the street with Mom & Dad chasing him. :lol:

Some of my Noregian family members put on Halloween parties for their kids, who they dressed up in some great costumes. Saw some pics on FB and was a little surprised. And this is definitely in very remote area and tiny villages. I don't recall them even acknowledging Halloween back when my son (now 25) was a kid.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Damn. I'm going TorT at yer house next year.

Just be warned...I've gotten increasingly tight-fisted every year. Two years ago, it 5.56. Last year, 9mm luger. This year .22 LR. Maybe .22 shorts next year...or even .177 air rifle pellets..or just plain ole BBs. ;-p

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Just be warned...I've gotten increasingly tight-fisted every year. Two years ago, it 5.56. Last year, 9mm luger. This year .22 LR. Maybe .22 shorts next year...or even .177 air rifle pellets..or just plain ole BBs. ;-p

:banghead:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Some of my Noregian family members put on Halloween parties for their kids, who they dressed up in some great costumes. Saw some pics on FB and was a little surprised. And this is definitely in very remote area and tiny villages. I don't recall them even acknowledging Halloween back when my son (now 25) was a kid.

She said that their little store had real pumpkins this year and they are so much easier to carve than turnips! :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
She said that their little store had real pumpkins this year and they are so much easier to carve than turnips! :lol:

:lmao: Yeah..they can't seem to go two days with cooking turnips in to something.

And oh boy!..it's almost time for my favorite holiday specialty..sheep's head. They'll be stacked high in a barrel in the store right about now. Not sure why the turnip is missing in this pic. ;-)

sheeps head Christmas dinner.jpg

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:lmao: Yeah..they can't seem to go two days with cooking turnips in to something.

And oh boy!..it's almost time for my favorite holiday specialty..sheep's head. They'll be stacked high in a barrel in the store right about now. Not sure why the turnip is missing in this pic. ;-)

View attachment 125622

:barf: NO!!! Just NO!!!!!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
:barf: NO!!! Just NO!!!!!

What? Oh..you don't like carrots, right?

The eyeballs are extra special...you gotta look out for people trying to steal them out of the other heads on the platter when it goes around the table.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
What? Oh..you don't like carrots, right?

The eyeballs are extra special...you gotta look out for people trying to steal them out of the other heads on the platter when it goes around the table.

Steal away!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Steal away!

LOL.

I was standing in the chow line for lunch at a Korean shipyard one day and asked the Korean fella I was working with "say.. looks like we get soup today. What kind is it?" "Cow head soup" was the reply. Well...it came my turn and a thin watery gruel containing a few bits of cabbage aimlessly floating around is ladled out of the big cauldron pot in to my bowl by the server. I looked at my buddy and asked": "Huh?..that's it?..why they call it cow head soup then?" He turns to server and says a couple words in Korean. Server reaches deep in to the pot with his ladle and an entire massive cow skull briefly emerges from the depths of the pot...not much left on the bones either. Guess I should gotten in line sooner.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
LOL.

I was standing in the chow line for lunch at a Korean shipyard one day and asked the Korean fella I was working with "say.. looks like we get soup today. What kind is it?" "Cow head soup" was the reply. Well...it came my turn and a thin watery gruel containing a few bits of cabbage aimlessly floating around is ladled out of the big cauldron pot in to my bowl by the server. I looked at my buddy and asked": "Huh?..that's it?..why they call it cow head soup then?" He turns to server and says a couple words in Korean. Server reaches deep in to the pot with his ladle and an entire massive cow skull briefly emerges from the depths of the pot...not much left on the bones either. Guess I should gotten in line sooner.

Reminds me of the story of the Mexican restaurant locally and a horse head...