What's Causing This?

Viruses can do weird things. An extended family member caught the flu, and lost 90% of his hearing.

Clem72

Should we expect to see a steady increase in victims, like with autism?

https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news...fzZ41bB2iwl7EqX9-REO5Xb-3ThSYjInpCi0JA_-o_3Zo

Why assume it's anything new? 200 kids estimated to have it in a population of 350 million people means it's incredibly rare. Like hit 3 times by lightning rare. So it could have always been around, maybe we just called them "possessed" before, or wrote it off as brain damage or some other psychological disorder.

Auntie Biache'

Why assume it's anything new? 200 kids estimated to have it in a population of 350 million people means it's incredibly rare. Like hit 3 times by lightning rare. So it could have always been around, maybe we just called them "possessed" before, or wrote it off as brain damage or some other psychological disorder.

What did I assume?

Clem72

What did I assume?
Auntie Biache said:
Should we expect to see a steady increase in victims, like with autism?

You didn't ask "Should we expect to see a steady decrease in the victims", or some other statement that would indicate you believe this to be an existing phenomenon.

You asked about the expectation for steadily increasing numbers of victims, which most reasonable people would take to mean you see this as an emerging trend and not an anomaly or regular though rare occurrence.

But more importantly, I didn't mean you and only you shouldn't assume something, I meant all of us in general. Why should we assume this is something new, which is the obvious tact of the article itself.

Auntie Biache'

You didn't ask "Should we expect to see a steady decrease in the victims", or some other statement that would indicate you believe this to be an existing phenomenon.

You asked about the expectation for steadily increasing numbers of victims, which most reasonable people would take to mean you see this as an emerging trend and not an anomaly or regular though rare occurrence.

But more importantly, I didn't mean you and only you shouldn't assume something, I meant all of us in general. Why should we assume this is something new, which is the obvious tact of the article itself.

That's not assumption, sweety. That's speculation, pondering.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

HOWEVER, there's a weird #metoo thing that Munchausen Mommies get wrapped around, so I definitely expect to see "more" of these cases. They did it with autism, with ADHD, with peanut allergies, with gluten intolerance.... This will be something new for them to latch onto.

HOWEVER, there's a weird #metoo thing that Munchausen Mommies get wrapped around, so I definitely expect to see "more" of these cases. They did it with autism, with ADHD, with peanut allergies, with gluten intolerance.... This will be something new for them to latch onto.
But their ARE major increases in these things from years ago. I believe it is environmental from all the chemicals we ingest daily. If you have access to NETFLIX you MUST watch the documentary on Teflon which was invented in the 50s and hit the masses worldwide soon there after. MUST! The biggest lightbulb moment is when in the 70s they tried to find blood samples that had no trace of the chemicals and the ONLY pool of blood they could find was from some old blood bank in North Korea from the 50s! We have so much in our system that our babies are born with it in their blood.

And lets not forget processed foods... I'm wondering what new "fight or flight" issues are going to come out for those who start ingesting the fake burgers on a regular basis considering how many chemicals make up the list of ingredients.

I am always surprised when I see you brush this kind of stuff off when to me it is only common sense to realize our immune system is indeed vulnerable to attack.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am always surprised when I see you brush this kind of stuff off when to me it is only common sense to realize our immune system is indeed vulnerable to attack.

I brush it off because I've been lied to by these "experts" and "studies" my whole entire life. They've lied about climate change, they've lied about recycling, they've lied about what "causes" cancer, they've lied about what I should eat and drink....I can't think of a single aspect of life that they haven't lied about that was later reversed or declared false (which may be another lie).

And then the #metoo crowd muddles things even more.

So...meh. I'll just live my life and it will be fine because so far it has been. The majority of adults 40+ in this country grew up with parents smoking their asses off in the car with rolled up windows and no seatbelt, let alone car seat. We ate bologna sandwiches on white bread for lunch and Capt. Crunch for breakfast. We ate Banquet TV dinners and pot pies. We rode our bikes without helmets and played outside wherever we wanted until the street lights came on. And we're fine.

🤷‍♀️

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In fact, we are more cautious today than we were 30 years ago....yet our kids are sicker and more dysfunctional.

😕

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I recall a meme that is a photo of a summer boardwalk in the 1970s. Not 1 overweight person in the picture of random kids & adults. Now go anywhere people gather by the 100s and take a snapshot. You'll find a lot of chubby folks in the picture. That has to be a result of the food Americans eat today when compared to food from 50 years ago.

I brush it off because I've been lied to by these "experts" and "studies" my whole entire life. They've lied about climate change, they've lied about recycling, they've lied about what "causes" cancer, they've lied about what I should eat and drink....I can't think of a single aspect of life that they haven't lied about that was later reversed or declared false (which may be another lie).

And then the #metoo crowd muddles things even more.

So...meh. I'll just live my life and it will be fine because so far it has been. The majority of adults 40+ in this country grew up with parents smoking their asses off in the car with rolled up windows and no seatbelt, let alone car seat. We ate bologna sandwiches on white bread for lunch and Capt. Crunch for breakfast. We ate Banquet TV dinners and pot pies. We rode our bikes without helmets and played outside wherever we wanted until the street lights came on. And we're fine.

🤷‍♀️

In fact, we are more cautious today than we were 30 years ago....yet our kids are sicker and more dysfunctional.

😕

I completely understand and agree with your perspectives. I believe "sicker and more dysfunctional" is directly related to the chemicals we willingly and most times UNKNOWINGLY take in every day. It won't be changes in climate that do us in. We've already doomed our species long ago and continue to compound the bombardment with each new grand money making idea.... don't even get me started on the looming 5G technology fiasco... :shocking:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I recall a meme that is a photo of a summer boardwalk in the 1970s. Not 1 overweight person in the picture of random kids & adults. Now go anywhere people gather by the 100s and take a snapshot. You'll find a lot of chubby folks in the picture. That has to be a result of the food Americans eat today when compared to food from 50 years ago.

I'd say at least part of that is the fast food explosion. When I was a kid going out to eat was a big deal, and it wasn't a McDonald's, burger chef or mighty Mo's. Sodas took off about that time frame too. You didn't have a lot of soda in the house it was mostly ice water, ice tea, lemonade and Kool-Aid.

Now everybody stops at Mickey D's, refrigerators loaded with sodas, pantry is overflowing with Doritos, potato chips, pretzels etc. None of the kids play outside anymore. Instead of riding their bikes and rollerskating there on PlayStation and Xbox.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'd say at least part of that is the fast food explosion. When I was a kid going out to eat was a big deal, and it wasn't a McDonald's, burger chef or mighty Mo's. Sodas took off about that time frame too. You didn't have a lot of soda in the house it was mostly ice water, ice tea, lemonade and Kool-Aid.

Now everybody stops at Mickey D's, refrigerators loaded with sodas, pantry is overflowing with Doritos, potato chips, pretzels etc. None of the kids play outside anymore. Instead of riding their bikes and rollerskating there on PlayStation and Xbox.

This right here. And I'm guessing this is also a major factor in why our kids are wigging out and having other health problems.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

as a kid we didn't eat out much either. Mom didn't have a lot of money, but she cooked healthy meals and lunches. Chips, sodas, Twinkies, etc. were treats once in awhile. We played outside a LOT. Growing up like that led me into good eating habits in my adult years. In fact, I'm about to go roast some brussels sprouts to have with my leftover steak for dinner!

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
None of the kids play outside anymore. Instead of riding their bikes and rollerskating there on PlayStation and Xbox.
Because exercise is considered "right wing."

--- End of line (MCP)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Because exercise is considered "right wing."

Most of my life I've enjoyed the absurd. It gave me a lot of laughs.

These days, I still laugh a lot but there's always this nagging little feeling behind it that society is not just on a fast downward spiral into madness.... It's accelerating.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Most of my life I've enjoyed the absurd. It gave me a lot of laughs.

These days, I still laugh a lot but there's always this nagging little feeling behind it that society is not just on a fast downward spiral into madness.... It's accelerating.
Not sure who said it here (probably several folks), but the comment that "conditions are ripe for this sort of 'exercise is right wing' pablum" is/are spot-on.

Outlets looking for clicks, "authors" looking for their 15 nanoseconds of (in)famy, a political & cultural milieu that encourages this 24/7 bloviating....

Not so #WonderfulSpam.

--- End of line (MCP)