What's for dessert?

rio

Tried a new dessert this evening that I concocted using the ideas of a few different recipes. I had planned on it being more of a strawberry pie, but the berries were a little too loose when I cut into it, so it was more of an upside down strawberry crisp. Still turned out yummy!

I didn't have any graham crackers for the crust so I used a few pretzels and saltines that I had and mixed them with melted butter to make the crust ( so a take on the strawberry and pretzel jello dessert) then made a filling with fresh strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, and just a bit of lemon juice simmered until the berries softened and it thickened (just not enough for real pie consistency). Chilled for several hours and topped with whipped cream. Not bad for my first attempt at something I've never made before. Good mix of sweet and salty. Got a thumbs up from the husband and kids.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tried a new dessert this evening that I concocted using the ideas of a few different recipes. I had planned on it being more of a strawberry pie, but the berries were a little too loose when I cut into it, so it was more of an upside down strawberry crisp. Still turned out yummy!

I didn't have any graham crackers for the crust so I used a few pretzels and saltines that I had and mixed them with melted butter to make the crust ( so a take on the strawberry and pretzel jello dessert) then made a filling with fresh strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, and just a bit of lemon juice simmered until the berries softened and it thickened (just not enough for real pie consistency). Chilled for several hours and topped with whipped cream. Not bad for my first attempt at something I've never made before. Good mix of sweet and salty. Got a thumbs up from the husband and kids.

That sounds delicious!

All I had was a couple of sugar-free toffees. :kicksrocks:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
A little bit of vanilla ice cream and three fudge stripe cookies.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Son's better half made raspberry cobbler in a crock pot, but I was too full to even try it. She and my daughter had some à la mode and seemed to enjoy it.

PJay

This evening it will be Double Chocolate Coca Cola cake and vanilla ice cream.

PJay

I love Carvel's Ice cream Cakes.. it's the chocolate chrunchies between the vanilla and chocolate ice cream that makes it so good. Haven't had one in a while, so today while at the market..I said to self..I want some for dessert tonight....and the next..and the next....

ontheriver

I love Carvel's Ice cream Cakes.. it's the chocolate chrunchies between the vanilla and chocolate ice cream that makes it so good. Haven't had one in a while, so today while at the market..I said to self..I want some for dessert tonight....and the next..and the next....
I got a Carvel Ice Cream cake for by birthday a few days ago.

Always a tradition for my kids.

It's coming back to me. Karma is sweet.

That's my treat for tonight.

PJay

I got a Carvel Ice Cream cake for by birthday a few days ago.

Always a tradition for my kids.

It's coming back to me. Karma is sweet.

That's my treat for tonight.

Happy birthday. ❤️

I remember my first ice cream cake. My grandparents knew I loved receiving a birthday cake for my birthday (still that way) don't care for presents, a cake makes my day. I came home from school and was disappointed to see no cake... they saw my sad face and asked me why l was sad..I said "no cake." That's when my grandma went to the freezer, laughing hard all the way, and gave to me this frozen yummy ice cream cake. :yum:

ontheriver

Happy birthday. ❤️

I remember my first ice cream cake. My grandparents knew I loved receiving a birthday cake for my birthday (still that way) don't care for presents, a cake makes my day. I came home from school and was disappointed to see no cake... they saw my sad face and asked me why l was sad..I said "no cake." That's when my grandma went to the freezer, laughing hard all the way, and gave to me this frozen yummy ice cream cake. :yum:
Thank you