What's for dinner?

dn0121

A lot of family tradition is to eat "dinner" early on a Sunday, like 1-2pm. My mom has always done that.

same here :buddies:

I made burgers, fried mushrooms, onion rings for our football lunch. I have meatballs going in the crock pot and some where I will get some real vegies in.

We did get some Ken's Steakhouse balsamic vinaigrette dressing the other day. I've never hard it before so that maybe my new favorite dressing. So maybe just a fresh salad to go with a few meatballs appetizers.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Broiled with maple syrup and brown sugar. :yum: :faint:

You MUST try this... :yum: (I did it on the grill instead of the oven)

Cedar Planked Salmon with Maple Glaze

1 cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh gingerroot
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
an untreated cedar plank (about 17 by 10 1/2 inches) if desired
a 2 1/2-pound center-cut salmon fillet with skin
greens from 1 bunch scallions

In a small heavy saucepan simmer maple syrup, gingerroot, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste until reduced to about 1 cup, about 30 minutes, and let cool. (Maple glaze may be made 2 days ahead and chilled, covered. Bring maple glaze to room temperature before proceeding.)

Preheat oven to 350° F. If using cedar plank, lightly oil and heat in middle of oven 15 minutes; or lightly oil a shallow baking pan large enough to hold salmon.

Arrange scallion greens in one layer on plank or in baking pan to form a bed for fish.

In another small saucepan heat half of glaze over low heat until heated through to use as a sauce. Stir in remaining tablespoon lemon juice. Remove pan from heat and keep sauce warm, covered.

Put salmon, skin side down, on scallion greens and brush with remaining glaze. Season salmon with salt and pepper and roast in middle of oven until just cooked through, about 20 minutes if using baking pan or about 35 if using plank.

Cut salmon crosswise into 6 pieces. On each of 6 plates arrange salmon and scallion greens on a bed of mashed potatoes. Drizzle salmon with warm sauce.

Word of advice... if you use the plank on the grill, be sure to soak it in water for about 30 minutes prior to cooking.

Last edited:

4d2008

why so you could eat out more? :eyebrow:
:yeahthat: :killingme
But I do love to cook. Im having a dinner party this week, you will be getting an invite. :buddies: Just need to get the day down. Wont be Wed and it wont be Sat. Thats as far as I know right now.

Hubby took the boys early this morning to his mom's house. I've been cleaning house all day. He let me know a few hours ago that they were eating Sunday dinner there and would be home this evening.

Guess I"m stuck w/ a pb&j sammich.