What's for dinner?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Creme brulee French toast! Served with Nick's maple sausage. Oh my! Thanks for the recipe, @RoseRed. :yahoo:

Bonehead

Try butternut squash soup (chicken stock) with kale and sausage, then a wad of sour cream on top.

Or crap you and butternut don't get along...

luvmygdaughters

Made crab cakes on Saturday, had them with string beans, new potatoes, yellow squash and the last of our home grown maters. Leftovers on Sunday, baby backs on the grill today.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I just got some lovely Prime ribeyes that I'm going to make Monello grill when he gets back from fishing.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Made a pork loin roast with mashed tater and gravy.

I usually have enough leftover for a really nice pork French dip sammich, but that sammich is going to be really thin. I could have eaten the whole damn roast. oinkoink

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I needed shrimps so Monello and I rode the bikes to Dirty Al's and had boiled shrimp (I know, I know) for appy, and fried shrimp for dinner, Then we walked to Mahi Nic's next door for a sunset frozen margarita.

It's a lovely day on the island and if anyone needs encouragement to run away from home and be a beach bum, let me know and I will encourage like crazy.

frequentflier

happy to be living
On our last day open for business, my wonderful co workers made home made lasagna, parmesan garlic bread and salads plus Cannolis. Of course when we went to eat, the store got bombarded with people (not a bad thing but we were all hungry!)
It was delicious and I appreciate their thoughtfulness. I am still full and will skip dinner.

luvmygdaughters

Pot of chili with cornbread and a salad. Leftovers tonight. Not sure about Wednesday or Christmas Eve, maybe pick something up from one of the Leonardtown restaurants.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We had KFC with a side of smoked ribs from Porky's. I got a whole bunch so we can eat on it for a few days.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Woke up and wanted some home made chicken noodle soup...so I put it all together and then thought it would be good with dumplings. My house smelled so good!
Note to self: check dates on Bisquick...they were gross and no matter how long I cooked them, they were like rocks. Scooped them out, filed them under G (for gar-bage) and had a bowl and it was still pretty tasty.
Normally, I don't throw stuff away because it is expired but in this case it was 3 years old and clearly not good any more. Looking forward to dinner 😋

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I wanted something sweet. Had a cranberry bread mix from Krusteau (sp?) but it needed something. Mixed up a cream cheese filling, substituted Splenda for sugar and added almond paste. Put it in a loaf pan, but having done this before, I knew I had to reduce the heat or it burns on top. Calls for 350, put it in the toaster oven at 300 and added 10 minutes.

Made a great desert and goes well with the morning coffee.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The HEB here has pre-made meatloaf, carnitas, roast beef, and other dinner entrees to heat and eat, and they're pretty good. So last night I had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and buttered corn. 😋