What's for dinner?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Woke up and wanted some home made chicken noodle soup...so I put it all together and then thought it would be good with dumplings. My house smelled so good!
Note to self: check dates on Bisquick...they were gross and no matter how long I cooked them, they were like rocks. Scooped them out, filed them under G (for gar-bage) and had a bowl and it was still pretty tasty.
Normally, I don't throw stuff away because it is expired but in this case it was 3 years old and clearly not good any more. Looking forward to dinner 😋
the baking powder in the bisquick loses it's umph after a while

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That's a lot of oysters !
You've got that right. With mine, I just dredged them in House Autry and deep fried them. They were okay. What I like to do is cracker meal/beaten egg/cracker meal then patty them flat and pan fry. It's a lot more work, but they turn out awesome.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You've got that right. With mine, I just dredged them in House Autry and deep fried them. They were okay. What I like to do is cracker meal/beaten egg/cracker meal then patty them flat and pan fry. It's a lot more work, but they turn out awesome.
My brother fired up a couple quarts for Christmas dinner; he uses a deep fryer and JO's oyster mix to coat them with. He adds a couple additional spices to that mix.

I finished up my third 4-quart batch of smoked oysters last Friday. Might still do one more....they've proven to be pretty popular. Fortunately I don't have to buy all those quarts of oysters....I get most of them as trade for repairing boat engines, dredges, dredge rigs etc...

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My brother fired up a couple quarts for Christmas dinner; he uses a deep fryer and JO's oyster mix to coat them with. He adds a couple additional spices to that mix.

I finished up my third 4-quart batch of smoked oysters last Friday. Might still do one more....they've proven to be pretty popular. Fortunately I don't have to buy all those quarts of oysters....I get most of them as trade for repairing boat engines, dredges, dredge rigs etc...
View attachment 154348
I see that damned Corona bottle made another cameo appearance. :lol:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Sometime in the near future I'm going to attempt a genuine Sauerbraten and rotkohl.

:crossingmyfingers:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Sometime in the near future I'm going to attempt a genuine Sauerbraten and rotkohl.

:crossingmyfingers:
My mom's favorite. Best she had was at a German restaurant in VA on Rt 29 north of Charlottesville.

CD Cafe had a really good schnitzel, but I don't see it on the menu. Might be a special only.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I haven't had it since my Great-Grandmother made it last in the late 60s.

Hopefully it'll turn out as good as the memory.