What's for dinner?

luvmygdaughters

Bought 2 filet's from Mckays on Sunday. I pan seared them and finished them in the oven, perfect medium rare. Loaded baked potato and salad to go with them. Had left over steak, we had that last night. Tonight will be bean and ham soup, I made it last Wednesday. Tomorrow, thinking about hamburger steaks with onions, gravy and egg noodles.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Made a big pot of Italian Sausage, potatoes, and broccoli soup Sunday, which was dinner then lunch yesterday. Had a grunch to do when I got home from work, so I wound up making cinnamon vanilla French toast served with maple syrup for a late supper.

Not sure what tonight will be. It may be a bowl of popcorn or just some toast. Busy week!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Made a big pot of Italian Sausage, potatoes, and broccoli soup Sunday, which was dinner then lunch yesterday. Had a grunch to do when I got home from work, so I wound up making cinnamon vanilla French toast served with maple syrup for a late supper.

Not sure what tonight will be. It may be a bowl of popcorn or just some toast. Busy week!
Have both and celebrate a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.

Kielbasa, baked beans, and corn muffins...

luvmygdaughters

Well, THAT was a waste of time and a nice rack of ribs. Scratch that recipe. And the store-bought macaroni and potato salads were equally disappointing.
Where did you get the salads from? Its so hard to find a good potato salad or mac salad from a grocery store. I do like McKays potato and egg salad. The best, next to my mothers, was the old Mattinglys grocery store, where Salsas's and Leonardtown Grille are now.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Where did you get the salads from?
Giant. I was there, it was a last second decision, I've had their salads before and they were ok, so I took a chance. The mac salad was "flour-y", like raw flour was mixed in. Pasta wasn't creamy and smooth. Taste was barely passable. Not that it should make a difference, but I got pre-packaged containers. It's the same stuff as in the trays that come from the gallon tubs.

I usually make my own, I will next time.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Where did you get the salads from? Its so hard to find a good potato salad or mac salad from a grocery store. I do like McKays potato and egg salad. The best, next to my mothers, was the old Mattinglys grocery store, where Salsas's and Leonardtown Grille are now.
The ladies in the deli used to treat us stock clerk/bag boys to some great meals at Mattingly's. The salads were good, but Bernice's spare ribs were to die for. My health conscious brother used to shake his head and say, "Sugar and fat". :lol:

mitzi

Yes! You have to sure to get the kind that's made at the store. Their potato salad, macaroni salad and cole slaw is excellent.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Pot roast with veggies. Wanted something to go with it, decided to break out the bread maker and make some cheddar cheese bread. Calls for buttermilk. Had to hit 3 stores before I found some in WallyMart. So those are cooking away now. Good news... while looking for my bread recipe, I found a stack of my mom's recipes, including her onion dill rye bread (traditional, not for a bread machine). When I get motivated I'll see if I can re-create it.