What's for dinner?

gemma_rae

Mmmm, Mmmm! Deep fried Cicada fritters with a spicy aioli dipping sauce. Now that's good eating! You'll swear you're eating crunchy hush puppies at a crawfish boil!🦞

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
You know the best way to do Cicadas on the grill?

Horizontally. Otherwise they fall through the grate.
:drummer:
I think if I'm going to make cicadas for dinner I'll probably adapt one of the Mexican cricket recipes, chili lime or olive oil and pepper. May as well use some of that background data.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I prefer my cicadas in savory dishes, but if I have a sweet tooth I substitute the aioli with butter and maple syrup. They're delish with a nice cup of Oolong tea.

Mediteranean-Canadian-Chinese Fusion cuisine?

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Made a pot of chicken noodle soup and a bowl of chicken salad. The way the temp is gonna jump tomorrow, probably the last pot of chicken soup until next fall.

PJay

Turkey in the oven. Been in freezer, time to gobble it up. Sandwiches coming up with lots of mayo salt and pepper! Tummy looking forward....

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Grilled chicken marinates in Italian salad dreasing & Black cherry balsic vinegar. I'll do tater tots for Thing1 and a salad for moi :getdown:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Turkey in the oven. Been in freezer, time to gobble it up.

ISWYDT :lol:

I had leftover pasta salad on a bed of lettuce earlier, then I had some windmill cookies, and now I'm thinking about soup. I also have fideo loco in the freezer, now that I think about it.....

We're heading out to Lafayette LA tomorrow so I don't want to make a big deal out of dinner tonight.

PJay

ISWYDT :lol:

I had leftover pasta salad on a bed of lettuce earlier, then I had some windmill cookies, and now I'm thinking about soup. I also have fideo loco in the freezer, now that I think about it.....

We're heading out to Lafayette LA tomorrow so I don't want to make a big deal out of dinner tonight.

❓

and had to look up fideo loco

From Homesick Texan