What's for dinner?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
A couple or 3 slices of day old, room temperature pizzagaina. AKA pizza rustica.

Think of it as an Italian quiche with ricotta cheese fontina cheese, assorted diced cured meats in a butter based dough crust

Best compliment was "It looks just like the picture".

slice.jpg

The picture from the recipe website.
th

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My Nonnie and Mom made pizzagaina, usual fill was spinach, onions and black olives.

But, tonight's supper was crabmeat seasoned with Old Bay and butter alongside 5 cheese and garlic stuffed portobella mushroom caps.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
A couple or 3 slices of day old, room temperature pizzagaina. AKA pizza rustica.

Think of it as an Italian quiche with ricotta cheese fontina cheese, assorted diced cured meats in a butter based dough crust

Best compliment was "It looks just like the picture".

View attachment 167485

The picture from the recipe website.
th
Now I'm wanting a big piece of thick New York Sicilian style.

rio

Finally getting away from getting creative with Tday leftovers.

Had grilled Chile lime pork chops, peas and sliced tomatoes. The pork chops turned out really good tonight.

Burp....

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Tonight is boneless pork chops seasoned with Italian herb mix and Garlic & onion powders, under a layer of mixed cut green beans and diced tomatoes. Crescent rolls for a starchy side.

Reactions: rio

NextJen

Raisin cane
That sounds so much better than the can of Progresso Italian Wedding soup I had for lunch.
I hope it is. A neighbor inspired me to make it. Waiting for them to get here so we can eat. Going to put shredded parmesan and asiago on top of it. 😋

• Love
Reactions: rio

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I had a late lunch of fettucini and chicken tossed in olive oil and garlic, with a Chips Ahoy chaser. Dinner tonight will probably be popcorn.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Had some leftover cannoli filling, but no shells. Mixed up some pancake mix, made it thin and added powdered sugar, cooked it like a crepe. Rolled it around the cannoli filling and dusted with powdered sugar.

This may be my new holiday breakfast.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Tonight is boneless pork chops seasoned with Italian herb mix and Garlic & onion powders, under a layer of mixed cut green beans and diced tomatoes. Crescent rolls for a starchy side.
Don’t let her know about the boneless chops she’ll call you a wuss or worse.