What's for dinner?

limblips

PREMO Member
I don't want that in my Google search..can someone tell me what "backstrap" is?
It is the two large strips of meat that go down each side of the backbone on most animals sometimes called loins. In this case a deer. Now I have to run a google search for it because of you!

PJay

Sorry. I thought this was the old "what's for dinner" thread. I see now this is in "Outdoor Recreation" section.

rio

It is the two large strips of meat that go down each side of the backbone on most animals sometimes called loins. In this case a deer. Now I have to run a google search for it because of you!

Well,bi had to check too, actually pretty mundane, but I know more about cuts of meat now. And pulling up my boots.

• Haha
Reactions: TPD

PJay

Well,bi had to check too, actually pretty mundane, but I know more about cuts of meat now. And pulling up my boots.

He said "backstrap" from this mornings "stick". I mean...oh, I dunno and nevermind.

PJay

He cooked the deer tenderloins (the backstraps) from the deer he'd shot that morning with a bow and arrow (the stick). Traditionally the first parts eaten are the heart and liver with onions and potatoes.

Can always count on Merlin to explain things perfectly. Thanks. 👍