WHATS-HACK WhatsApp users warned to update NOW as it’s revealed hackers have installed spy software on phones just by CALLING them

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I just installed this app last week since I was traveling out of the Country.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Someone I know has this app. I got an email from them yesterday - sent from their verizon phone number with a pic mentioned in the subject line. I NEVER get emails from them, and it seemed odd enough that I checked with them before I opened it. They didn't send it. Appears they were hacked. Thank goodness I didn't open the email or any links that were in it. Was it related to this? Who knows, but it may have been....

TCROW

And here I thought that China, Russia, and the NORKS were the cyber enemy. Turns out it’s those slippery eels in Israel - with their government’s open endorsement. Who would have guessed?

TCROW

Someone I know has this app. I got an email from them yesterday - sent from their verizon phone number with a pic mentioned in the subject line. I NEVER get emails from them, and it seemed odd enough that I checked with them before I opened it. They didn't send it. Appears they were hacked. Thank goodness I didn't open the email or any links that were in it. Was it related to this? Who knows, but it may have been....

The vulnerability places spyware on your phone for the purposes of surreptitious data exfiltration. Given that, it’s highly unlikely this spyware would commandeer your friends email to send spam - that would signal the presence of this malware/spyware and give it away, which is at a odds with keeping quiet and exfiltrating data. Your experience was most likely a coincidence.

PeoplesElbow

I sat in a meeting a while back where someone said that their team planned on using the secure whats-app for inter-team communication, that was probably a month ago.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
I'm pleased to say that while I've heard of WhatsApp, I have no idea what it does nor do I care 👽