Whats happening off WIllows?

glhs837

Power with Control
Co-worker reports a lot of police SUVs and ambulances at the military/comtrator housing.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I was wondering that same thing. I can't find any info anywhere. :-/
And that's what happens when the 911/emergency/police radio system is switched over to digital only and all the channels are scrambled. Because you don't need to know. And, 'it only helps the bad guys', to have an unscrambled system. Transparency out the door and citizens no longer matter.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Yep, the Sheriff will tell you after the danger has passed that there was some danger.
:killingme

Reminds me of the traffic report on 98.3 this morning. There WAS (they reported IS( a three vehicle accident at 235 and Rt 4, emergency service vehicles in the area and traffic is tied up.
I heard T-Bone make the first announcement as a sailed through the intersection with light traffic (and no signs of flashing lights)
Later the official traffic reporter came on with the same caution.
Me thinks either there is a big delay in getting the word out, and / or somebody forgot to "call clear:"

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Reminds me of the traffic report on 98.3 this morning. There WAS (they reported IS( a three vehicle accident at 235 and Rt 4, emergency service vehicles in the area and traffic is tied up.
I heard T-Bone make the first announcement as a sailed through the intersection with light traffic (and no signs of flashing lights)
Me thinks either there is a big delay in getting the word out, and / or somebody forgot to "call clear:"
Or it's the same news report they replay all day long. 🤷

glhs837

Power with Control
Seems amazing to me that there could be 4-5 police SUVs, with the SWAT vehicle, blocking access to a housing area at 7ish am and not a a peep. Maybe it was a red flag confication?

BernieP

Resident PIA
Or it's the same news report they replay all day long. 🤷
Which can be found in last Friday's Enterprise - I think they just reprint the press release from whatever government agency.
But in this case, T-Bone said it live, it wasn't the tape loop.

Seems amazing to me that there could be 4-5 police SUVs, with the SWAT vehicle, blocking access to a housing area at 7ish am and not a a peep. Maybe it was a red flag confication?

Operation "Red Herring"

mitzi

Could have been a big drug bust.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Turns out that someone inadvertently gained access to a sealed storage area that contained the remains of several UFOs shot down in the area by pilots operating from Pax River and Norfolk over the last 40 years.. SHTF.

GregV814

Ha!!! That was discarded weather balloons from Randall Cliffs during the McCarthy era... The Rosenberg's name was on three of them...

glhs837

Power with Control
Turns out that someone inadvertently gained access to a sealed storage area that contained the remains of several UFOs shot down in the area by pilots operating from Pax River and Norfolk over the last 40 years.. SHTF.

Well, damnit, now you've torn it. Remember, when the nice men get there, dont fight, it just means you get to Gitmo tired and beat instead of just tired.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I heard it was several UFOs flown by pilots operating from Pax River over the last 40 years and this was the off-base secure maintenance facility.

But I get my news from Eric Swalwell, Adam Schiff, Jerry Nadler, and Ted Lieu (3 stupid white guys and an AF lawyer - or - three geniuses from CA and one high-waist pants guy from NY).

--- End of line (MCP)

luvmygdaughters

The traffic report in the afternoon on 98.3 is a joke. Last week, leaving work, there was a serious car wreck just as you make a left on to Rt. 6 from Crain Highway, one side of 6 was shut down completely, it had been that way for a while. I was sitting in the traffic at the light, waiting to do a u- turn since I couldnt access Rt. 6. The traffic report came on and no mention of the accident at all. Its always the same report, "traffic getting heavier coming thru Clinton on Rt. 5, increasing volume at Stoakley Rd and Rt. 4, traffic volume increasing on Rt. 235 and the northbound side of Governor Thomas Johnson bridge" I swear, its the same report every day. I have been caught in traffic due to accidents on Rt 234 and Rt. 6 and never any mention of them on the traffic report. And, who do you call if you see an accident? No one answers the damn phone after 5:00??

BernieP

Resident PIA
The traffic report is joke, it's not really focused on the local commuters, but more for those heading to/from DC.
The reports are so stale they are a joke.
Google Maps and Waze have more up to date information - except they are on your smart phone, so you shouldn't be looking.

glhs837

Power with Control
The traffic report is joke, it's not really focused on the local commuters, but more for those heading to/from DC.
The reports are so stale they are a joke.
Google Maps and Waze have more up to date information - except they are on your smart phone, so you shouldn't be looking.
\
Well, if my phoneis mounted such that it's closer to my windshield than my cars NAV screen, thats okay, right?

glhs837

Power with Control
Ah, the reported shooting would be enough to bring all the boys to the yard. Gla to hear there wasn't one.