What's in YOUR garden this summer?

Vince

Because of the deer, I only planted half the garden this year and experimented with the deer-keep-away stuff. It does seem to work. I only had them in the garden once and they got my big tomato plants. Still have grape tomatoes left, yellow squash, yellow banana peppers (hot), jalapenos and some bell peppers. Next year I'll plant the whole thing. Going to have to order some Burpees Late keeper tomato seed and get them started.

TheNorthWindShe

Tomatoes, cabbage, cucumbers, green & yellow squash, Buttercup squash, acorn squash, spaghetti squash green peppers, banana peppers, all different kinds of mild to hot peppers, celery, onions, had a couple different kinds of lettuce but it went to seed, kale, various melons, I think that's about it. The celery is tough, and isn't doing to well, but I used some in soup last night, the cabbage heads are small but good. My husband is selling some vegetables at our business, and we are gobbling up as much as we can, giving some to family and friends.
How much acreage do you have planted?

TheNorthWindShe

Because of the deer, I only planted half the garden this year and experimented with the deer-keep-away stuff. It does seem to work. I only had them in the garden once and they got my big tomato plants. Still have grape tomatoes left, yellow squash, yellow banana peppers (hot), jalapenos and some bell peppers. Next year I'll plant the whole thing. Going to have to order some Burpees Late keeper tomato seed and get them started.
Anything still growing at this point? I am still harvesting tomatoes, peppers, kale, and decorative squash. I've made a lot of salsa.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I have THREE pepper plants and didn't yield a single one. :frown: However, I've gotten a lot of tomatoes.

Is there a secret to growing peppers?

Roman

I have THREE pepper plants and didn't yield a single one. :frown: However, I've gotten a lot of tomatoes.

Is there a secret to growing peppers?
My husband asked if there were weeds around the peppers? He said it could be a nutrition issue.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
My husband asked if there were weeds around the peppers? He said it could be a nutrition issue.

Nope, none. They are even planted separately from my tomatoes.

My stepdad said they are late bloomers and don't expect anything until late August/ September. However, I don't have a single bud, flower, or pepper. I've had them planted since May.

Shutout

Nope, none. They are even planted separately from my tomatoes.

My stepdad said they are late bloomers and don't expect anything until late August/ September. However, I don't have a single bud, flower, or pepper. I've had them planted since May.
How did the peppers finish up? They don't like a lot of nitrogen. I fertilize at first then back off before they show blooms. They do like magnesium. Epsom salts help. Hopefully I will be tilling in some manure and putting the garden to bed in a few weeks.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
How did the peppers finish up? They don't like a lot of nitrogen. I fertilize at first then back off before they show blooms. They do like magnesium. Epsom salts help. Hopefully I will be tilling in some manure and putting the garden to bed in a few weeks.
My yield: zero. Not a single pepper from 3 plants (purchased from Loveville Auction back in May). Oh, well... :shrug:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Pears, lots and lots of pears. It's a fruiting pear tree that's being pollinated by these godawful bradfords so it's got normal sized fruit with a rotting meat aroma.