What's it doing where?

edreedisgod20

Taken with a grain of salt because it's Facebook, but it sure seems like everything outside the immediate area surrounding the base is mostly a disaster at the moment, based on pictures and posts I'm seeing. The back road I live on in Calvert is completely covered. Really have to question the wisdom in scheduling a delay today rather than a closure but it is what it is.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
What about your parking lot and sidewalks and such? I often wonder how the maintenance crew is expected to clear the parking lots when folks who are told "don't show up before 9 a.m." decide to do so anyway and block the plow crew by parking their vehicles in the way.

The plows had already cleared my parking lot when I arrived just before 7. They are still outside working. Facilities sent out an email last snow asking people to stay home if they could, that their crew needed to work.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I had to slog through about 3.5" inches of the stuff on my 150' walk to the office this morning. Almost turned back.....

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
54 and heavy overcast here on the east side of Jacksonville. Doesn't look like a good day to head to the beach.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Mine doesn't... :ohwell: So far I have 5 of 14 in.

And the roads are ugly - a few vehicles in ditches on Rt. 5 and Rt. 245

St. Mary’s County Government Offices to Close

Following a reassessment of weather and road conditions St. Mary’s County Government has decided to close all administrative offices for the day. Essential employees are required to report as normal or notify your supervisor.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Cloudy, windy and cold here. Had a thunderstorm at 2am that scared the crap out of me. No snow though. Be safe everyone.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Smooth ride for me too. If people drive according to the conditions, the roads are fine.

So is the guy weaving across 2 lanes doing 15mph driving according to conditions, or is me driving the speed limit because I am comfortable with the conditions driving accordingly?

wubbles

Kinda surprised the base didn't delay until noon. It's worse out there today than it had been the two times there was restricted access.

I just read there will be "NO FINGERPAINTING" at the sherrif's office in the closings and cancellations thread...:lol:

cricketmd

It was a crappy drive to PG County.

I'd have stayed home if I didn't have a deadline.

Roads were crappy this morning in Southern Charles and Waldorf (backroads roads untouched) and Northern St. Mary's. I had more loss of control incidents in my vehicle getting to the bus commuter lot than actual control of my vehicle... I was going very slow too and still was, fishtailing, slipping and sliding all over and it was almost a steady fight between me and what my antilock brakes wanted to do to keep control of my vehicle - frustrating. I screamed at them "let me drive damnit!!" :lol: The commuter lot too was hard to walk in and very slippery. Next time, I'm definitely just staying home!! :faint: Screw it! #aintworthit

SG_Player1974

Kinda surprised the base didn't delay until noon. It's worse out there today than it had been the two times there was restricted access.

And you are surprised? I told everyone yesterday that they need to be ready to drive into work after a 2 hour delay. They already lost enough money with the other closings. Now its time to pay the piper!