• not that the hawks won but get to host

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • anh

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If the Raiders wanted to make the playoffs, they should have won more divisional games. :tap:

Finally.

See, here's the thing; if you win your division at, say 7-9, you get a home playoff game against a 10-6 wild-card team so, the NFL is weighting being a division winning highly, preeminent in fact.

On the other hand, you can lose all your division games and still win your division and you can win ALL your division games which makes you the only one in your division to be undefeated in the division and yet not win your division or even make the playoffs so, the NFL weighs the division very lightly, inconsequential in fact.

If the division matters, you can't NOT make the playoffs at 6-0. If it doesn't matter, you can't host a team with a better record. This is an epistemological inconsistency that places at risk far more than the inconsequential, such as the universe. It places at risk the entire structure of 'Just Win' that the NFL is built on wherein teams will begin to worry more about hedging against a tougher schedule by pursuing a strategy of playing poorly over for a period in order to get a weaker schedule and then 'porpoise' up once in awhile by winning their division on the cheap thus shaking the very ground we all walk on in terms of caring about football week after week and this amidst the inanity of an 18 game season which will, obviously, make it even easier to hedge and porpoise, getting a full 12 game of crap opponents in the pipeline and division games, the backbone of the NFL, becoming merely sideshows and, in essence, scrimmages on the path to 10 and 12 win seasons totally inconsiderate of division opponents.

WTF???

Which brings me to my real question; what financial web site do you have open on your desk top all day? I'm about to shoot myself over oil.

:popcorn:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Polls don't lie. :shrug: Clearly, we, the people, think it is :bs: that the Hawks host. I mean, Seattle is a very tough place to play. It would be a crime against all that is holy if Nola loses to the Noise Factory. Right? I mean, it would make the second round a farce with Seattle going to Atlanta begetting the 'Bird Bowl' and a slaughter rivaling what just happened in Arkansas.

I'm just saying. :shrug:

thurley42

HY;FR
Polls don't lie. :shrug: Clearly, we, the people, think it is :bs: that the Hawks host. I mean, Seattle is a very tough place to play. It would be a crime against all that is holy if Nola loses to the Noise Factory. Right? I mean, it would make the second round a farce with Seattle going to Atlanta begetting the 'Bird Bowl' and a slaughter rivaling what just happened in Arkansas.

I'm just saying. :shrug:

Oh I'd love it if the Saints lost in Seattle....I'm so sick of the whole Cinderella story, do it for the city thing.....the odds of it happening are highly unlikely though.

Otter

Nothing to see here
They go to 18 games, the divisions won't really mean squatoosh. Might as well go to conference standings and play everyone in the conference once and then 3 games against comparative teams based on the previous yrs standings for 'parity's' sake.

Beta84

They're out to get us
They go to 18 games, the divisions won't really mean squatoosh. Might as well go to conference standings and play everyone in the conference once and then 3 games against comparative teams based on the previous yrs standings for 'parity's' sake.

I agree. 18 games, 6 being division, you could end up with a team that REALLY sucks from the AFC/NFC West getting into the playoffs. There's be no need for divisions. It's already bad enough as it is. I'm not saying Seattle shouldn't be in the playoffs for winning the division, but since they're in they should be the 6 seed.

Finally.

See, here's the thing; if you win your division at, say 7-9, you get a home playoff game against a 10-6 wild-card team so, the NFL is weighting being a division winning highly, preeminent in fact.

On the other hand, you can lose all your division games and still win your division and you can win ALL your division games which makes you the only one in your division to be undefeated in the division and yet not win your division or even make the playoffs so, the NFL weighs the division very lightly, inconsequential in fact.

If the division matters, you can't NOT make the playoffs at 6-0. If it doesn't matter, you can't host a team with a better record. This is an epistemological inconsistency that places at risk far more than the inconsequential, such as the universe. It places at risk the entire structure of 'Just Win' that the NFL is built on wherein teams will begin to worry more about hedging against a tougher schedule by pursuing a strategy of playing poorly over for a period in order to get a weaker schedule and then 'porpoise' up once in awhile by winning their division on the cheap thus shaking the very ground we all walk on in terms of caring about football week after week and this amidst the inanity of an 18 game season which will, obviously, make it even easier to hedge and porpoise, getting a full 12 game of crap opponents in the pipeline and division games, the backbone of the NFL, becoming merely sideshows and, in essence, scrimmages on the path to 10 and 12 win seasons totally inconsiderate of division opponents.

WTF???

Which brings me to my real question; what financial web site do you have open on your desk top all day? I'm about to shoot myself over oil.

:popcorn:

Usually, several - but aside from my online broker's site, I almost always have CNBC's site open, kinda hovering in the background. There are a lot of good resources out there - the Street, Bloomberg, etc. If you want something cool to play with, and have time to kill playing, sign up for a free 2-week trial of CME E-Quotes. You can do some pretty neat stuff, and get access to all kinds of quotes (e.g. commodities) information, with it.