What's on my mind

Menopause and Korean food, not necessarily in that order.
I have mixed feelings that menopause is within a few years for me. Part of me can't wait so that I can see what life is like on the other side, but there is another part of me afraid some may not make it through my transition and I'll have to contact Pixie to find out the best way to bury bodies in the back yard!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

I went through early menopause shortly after giving birth to my 2nd son (around 33YOA). It's called Premature Ovarian Failure. It's been FAB-U-LOUS!!! No symptoms of menopause except no visit from Aunt Flo. It's been about 10 years now and still no symptoms. :biggrin:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I had an amazingly great experience with menopause. It was as if someone had simply flipped a light switch for me. Before = periods . After = no periods . It really was that simple. I had maybe a two week stretch of hot flashes at night, and after that, I had not a single reminder of "the change"....other than not having to deal with *that* anymore.

Seriously. It was that simple for me.

I was 45.

I had an amazingly great experience with menopause. It was as if someone had simply flipped a light switch for me. Before = periods . After = no periods . It really was that simple. I had maybe a two week stretch of hot flashes at night, and after that, I had not a single reminder of "the change"....other than not having to deal with *that* anymore.

I was 45.
Oh! I want to do it like that...:clap: I'm 47 now so I keep waiting for signs that it's finally happening. I can deal with two weeks of minor discomfort! :cartwheel

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Oh. I thought this was a test or something...

Did you know, even here in American, there are no fat Korean people?

Also, if you get there, there are a BUNCH of signs written ONLY in Korean. And, there are Korean appliances. Chick I was with said it is because Koreans don't like American anything and are happy to pay for Korean ones. A section with those oddball oriental toys. Jewelry. This is a one stop All Korean mart.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I was 45.

On a totally unrelated topic, I am auditioning a drummer and he asked if I like the Dead. I said no.

I instantly thought of you because you are the only person I know who does. And I felt bad about it.

Then I started laughing. Guy thinks I'm a loon. So, at least he is sane... :evil:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
On a totally unrelated topic, I am auditioning a drummer and he asked if I like the Dead. I said no.

I instantly thought of you because you are the only person I know who does. And I felt bad about it.

Then I started laughing. Guy thinks I'm a loon. So, at least he is sane... :evil:
A very good friend of mine used to be a drummer is a VERY good Dead cover band. Very talented, as well as just an amazingly funny and charming man. I'd suggest you contact him to be your drummer, if he wasn't dead. Not Dead, but dead.

:bawl:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not Dead, but dead.

With Jerry Garcia not only Dead but dead, what's the difference?

My "change of life" consists of frequent hot flashes, joint pain, fatigue, memory lapse, and an unexplained allergy that I never had before. When I work out in the morning - weights, yoga, and cardio - the symptoms are greatly diminished. I must say, I do love not having a period and that is worth any other discomfort.

As far as Korean food, my dolsots are on the truck and will arrive today, and yesterday I bought groceries and supplies. Tomorrow night my first guinea pigs...uh, I mean dinner guests will let me know how I'm doing. Bibimbap is my new obsession - I could eat it every day.

acommondisaster

1. Menopause was no big deal. Definitely better than before menopause. It was quick and painless. Unlike before, which was monthly hell. I did notice a shortness in temper; that was probably the worst part.

2. I work with a fat Korean. Your fact is false.

3. I like the Dead, enough to have gone to one of their concerts, many lunar eclipses ago. I'm not a fanatic, by any means, but I think they definitely have their place in music history.

4. Korean food....meh...I'd rather have LUMPIA.

I was 45.

Glad it was so easy for you. Truly, no snark intended. When my ex went thru it, it too was like flipping a switch. Unfortunately, that switch was connected to many other parts of the brain and she became a totally different person, one I did not care for, not the one I married. It was a major factor in our divorce.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
my wife is going through hell with the change ....

Korean Food :shrug: meh spent a year there ..... was glad to get back to America

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

My "change of life" consists of frequent hot flashes, joint pain, fatigue, memory lapse, and an unexplained allergy that I never had before. When I work out in the morning - weights, yoga, and cardio - the symptoms are greatly diminished. I must say, I do love not having a period and that is worth any other discomfort.

As far as Korean food, my dolsots are on the truck and will arrive today, and yesterday I bought groceries and supplies. Tomorrow night my first guinea pigs...uh, I mean dinner guests will let me know how I'm doing. Bibimbap is my new obsession - I could eat it every day.

It was awesome! :getdown:

I got to try a bunch of new tastes that I've never had before. I tend to be non adventurous about new foods. I'm a LOT better than I used to be, though.

The wings were my favorite - sooo good! :drool: I'd never had the "rice bowl" type of dishes before - never wanted to try them as they always looked gloppy & heavy to me. Now I see you don't have to have a ton of rice with globs of junk dumped on top like I've seen. I'm really not a fan of Asian food "chains/restaurants" for that reason. They load up your portion with globs of rice and your veggies are swimming in msg sauces. I loved that I could take just a little bit of fried rice and try a little bit of all the fresh, just cooked toppings. It didn't seem heavy to me - I still felt like I ate light. Everyone loved it! :yay::yay::yay:

AS for the big "M" and the GD hot flashes: lighter weight clothing, cooler rooms seem to help. Especially at night to sleep. :yawn: I work out anyway, so if I didn't do that, I can't imagine how they would be. :yikes: On the advice from a friend :love: I'm trying Evening Primrose capsules 3 x a day - which seem to make the hot flashes less intense, and less frequent.

frequentflier

happy to be living

Everything you served was absolutely delicious! I loved trying the different sauces which varied in flavor and intensity. I'll be your guinea pig anytime! Unless you serve cat or dog or weird exotic animals as a protein source...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Everything you served was absolutely delicious! I loved trying the different sauces which varied in flavor and intensity. I'll be your guinea pig anytime! Unless you serve cat or dog or weird exotic animals as a protein source...

Or bugs. :yikes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Unless you serve cat or dog or weird exotic animals as a protein source...

Hide your hamsters :evil:

With Chinese restaurants I typically like the meat and veggies, occasionally some rice or noodles, but that goopy sauce everything swims in is gross. Korean and Thai restaurants don't do that, so that's the model I'm going with. When Im_Me and I were in NYC last year we went to a Thai restaurant and I had pork belly sauteed with broccoli rabe that was to die for. No sauce, just a hit of a soy chili oil type of thing for flavor. OMG.

nobody really

I need a nap

There is a great Korean restaurant across from Pentagon City, its called Woo Lai Oak. Awesome Bibimpap.