What's open now?

SailorGirl

I got an email from Kohls saying they've reopened. I don't shop there very often but I'm familiar with their merchandise. If they're open, why not Penneys and some other similar type stores, like BB&B? Still developing their game plan or something? and why not the rest of them - trying for just a little at a time to see what happens or something?

What happens in Phase 2 and when is that expected?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I got an email from Kohls saying they've reopened. I don't shop there very often but I'm familiar with their merchandise. If they're open, why not Penneys and some other similar type stores, like BB&B? Still developing their game plan or something? and why not the rest of them - trying for just a little at a time to see what happens or something?

What happens in Phase 2 and when is that expected?
My husband found out that Optimal Vapor is open but you have to wear a mask and you can only stay 5 minutes and you can't touch anything. Good thing he knew what he wanted already.

SailorGirl

My husband found out that Optimal Vapor is open but you have to wear a mask and you can only stay 5 minutes and you can't touch anything. Good thing he knew what he wanted already.
Crud I don't shop there either. I'm looking for Old Navy to return some jeans so I don't have to mail them.

CRHS89

I drove by Belk today and the parking lot had lots of cars. Yellow caution tape on all but one door, which was open. Hobby Lobby is open.

FED_UP

PG county folks are coming down to St Mary's to shop, is it a good thing or a bad thing at this time. :eek:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Our super secret local restaurant over here re opened for carry outs. They had to close during the second week of the lock down

SailorGirl

Our super secret local restaurant over here re opened for carry outs. They had to close during the second week of the lock down
I just asked you a question in your church thread about openings since it looked like church was in Phase 2 which also includes restaurants with restrictions. Has Phase 2 already been implemented?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I just asked you a question in your church thread about openings since it looked like church was in Phase 2 which also includes restaurants with restrictions. Has Phase 2 already been implemented?
No. Our local eatery wasn't even doing carry outs but they opened the kitchen for the weekend.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Ha! Didn't think you did. You don't strike me as someone who vapes. Just putting it out there just in case others did.
I'm really surprised that they reopened at all. The last time I was in there, the baby huey-esque boy behind the counter acted as though he had just come back from trying out some of smoking devices they've started carrying. All he seemed to know is that the hodrod/bubblemgum/kushberry juice was very popular with the high school crowd. I don't think they had anything stronger than 5mg of nicotine. They should have stayed closed, IMHO.

Last edited:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I'm really surprised that they reopened at all. The last time I was in there, the baby huey-esque boy behind the counter acted as thought he had just come back from trying out some of smoking devices they've started carrying. All he seemed to know is that the hodrod/bubblemgum/kushberry juice was very popular with the high school crowd. I don't think they had anything stronger than 5mg of nicotine. They should have stayed closed, IMHO.
My husband only deals with James.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My husband only deals with James.
Is he the owner? I dealt with the owner shortly after they opened and he was very helpful, but I've heard from a few co-workers (18-21yo) and they have the same opinion of the (fairly new) hired help. Hopefully he continues to collect unemployment for awhile. If he made minimum wage, he was highly overpaid.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Is he the owner? I dealt with the owner shortly after they opened and he was very helpful, but I've heard from a few co-workers (18-21yo) and they have the same opinion of the (fairly new) hired help. Hopefully he continues to collect unemployment for awhile. If he made minimum wage, he was highly overpaid.
Probably. He has never mentioned that James was a younger guy.

BernieP

Resident PIA
PG county folks are coming down to St Mary's to shop, is it a good thing or a bad thing at this time. :eek:
Probably a bad thing if you believe thine fuehrer.. Counties that chose not to reopen believe they have a growing problem, therefore their residents put those of us who do not have the same "problem" a greater risk. (I think if they support their lockdown leaders, then they should stay the F home.

I have not heard when Phase 2 will start. Right now Montgomery has no planned Phase 1 date. PG, (and I guess little brother Chuck) will enter Phase 1 over the weekend or June 1. Heard Baltimore, Howard and one other county were planning to move to Phase 1.

My guess is until everyone is in Phase 1, we all stay in Phase 1.
The other aspect is they are looking for an upswing, so they have to wait at least two weeks (14 days) to see if they get the desired outcome.

SailorGirl

Probably a bad thing if you believe thine fuehrer.. Counties that chose not to reopen believe they have a growing problem, therefore their residents put those of us who do not have the same "problem" a greater risk. (I think if they support their lockdown leaders, then they should stay the F home.

I have not heard when Phase 2 will start. Right now Montgomery has no planned Phase 1 date. PG, (and I guess little brother Chuck) will enter Phase 1 over the weekend or June 1. Heard Baltimore, Howard and one other county were planning to move to Phase 1.

My guess is until everyone is in Phase 1, we all stay in Phase 1.
The other aspect is they are looking for an upswing, so they have to wait at least two weeks (14 days) to see if they get the desired outcome.
I have overwhelming desire to sit down in a restaurant and eat something that is not cooked by me. thanks.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I have overwhelming desire to sit down in a restaurant and eat something that is not cooked by me. thanks.
ME TOO!!!!!! I want to be waited on and cleaned up after - not that I'm a slob.
But right now I want to use the N word when describing the way I'm worked.

BernieP

Resident PIA
That's what I'm talking about too. Sounds like you're having a rough day. :huggy:
Days are good, hectic but good. It's what comes after work that stresses me out.
Use to be I could escape, go grab a dinner when that became a fight. Take a nice walk and stop at my favorite water front watering hole.
Chat and relax. Catch music at a local pub.
Pick up... << delete that