what's the construction in Huntingtown?

Going north on Route 4 just past Huntingtown (on the right), there is a big field cleared and some sort of construction going on. Doesn't look like a typical building....

Was wondering if anyone knew what it's going to be?

well now I can answer my own question. Its gonna be the new Huntingtown High School. Geez, right on route 4 is not the place I would have chosen for a new highschool, knowing how backed up the area gets in Lusby when Patuxent lets out for the day.

SeaRide

OMG! Can you tell if there will be an entrances only from Rt 4? Now you got me so curious that I am going to have a lookasee.

well all the construction trucks and stuff are using Route 4. It is pretty close to the light in Huntingtown so possibly there may be an entrance off of Old Town Road but I don't know. If the only entrance will be Route 4, then I'll be betting they'll install another traffic light since there will be a lot of inexperienced drivers turning left to go south.

I avoid driving in Lusby around 2:20 every day (except for weekends & summer of course) because of the high school getting out. Traffic is horrible - they have to have a state trooper there everyday directing traffic.

SeaRide

Now you got me more curious so I am going for a drive and have a look. My kids has been bugging me about where the new high school is gonna be build at.

SeaRide

I drove there and found it. I will tell my daughter the bad news since she and my son had a bet about the name of the new high school. They both had a bet about the location.

Y

yornoc

I thought is was going to be called "Central High School" or "Central Calvert High School?"

SeaRide

We already have Calvert high school. I would not like a high school name like "northern, central , southern , eastern, western, southeastern, northeastern or anything related to direction like that" .. northside , southside :boo:
I know there is Northern high school in Calvert. AND there is Northern high school AND Southern H.S. in Anne Arundel county and I know there is another Northern high school in other counties. come on .. how many more Central or Southern h.s. do we have to accept??