What's the deal with this guy?

MMDad

Lem Putt
A friend of mine who works at Calvert Memorial, and who has taken care of Bill before, says there is no record of Bill passing away. At least not at CMH.

If there is any truth to your post, there should be someone being fired from CMH right now.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
'Wheels' has more lives than a cat. Until I see a police report/obituary I don't believe he's dead. I personally saw him one time and swore he was dead only for him to pop up, yawn and start watching traffic go by. Another time I saw his blue Monte Carlo totaled at Calvert Auto Body when it was at Main Ave and Armory Rd, then there he is, beboppin' down RT4 pushing his wheels. God don't want him and Hell is afraid he'll stink up the joint.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
I haven't seen his car move or the walker move from his car since this thread became active again on 7/12. I saw someone who appeared to be looking into the car and/or walking around it this evening when I drove by about 5pm - couldn't tell what he was doing.

I haven't either and I go to the gym where his car has been parked most of the time lately. It hasn't been moved and I haven't seen him at all. I saw him every day before so I wouldn't be surprised if it was him who passed.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
There is a post on Calvert Co's FB page about this and 70+ answers ranging from dead from car or heat stroke to alive but hospitalized to alien abduction. What's funny is that several people quote "reliable sources like the Sheriff's or the guy's family, yet the answers are polar opposites as to whether he's still alive.

gemma_rae

I haven't either and I go to the gym where his car has been parked most of the time lately. It hasn't been moved and I haven't seen him at all. I saw him every day before so I wouldn't be surprised if it was him who passed.

I gave him a ride to BWI last week where he caught his flight to Aruba. He sent me some pictures of himself and some blonde woman snorkling. I'll see if I can post the pictures later.

smts

This quote was taken from Calvert County Maryland Facebook

An update on Bill Hall: He is now at the Genesis Health Care Center in LaPlata with a serious back infection. There are rumors going around that he died (along with he is rich, a Viet Nam vet, ect.) He does have some issues and needs our prayers. He misses Calvert County and is very lonely, so, if anyone would be so kind to visit, that would be wonderful. The address: 1 Magnolia Circle, LaPlata, MD.
Blessings!

Hank

my war

An update on Bill Hall: He is now at the Genesis Health Care Center in LaPlata with a serious back infection. There are rumors going around that he died (along with he is rich, a Viet Nam vet, ect.) He does have some issues and needs our prayers. He misses Calvert County and is very lonely, so, if anyone would be so kind to visit, that would be wonderful. The address: 1 Magnolia Circle, LaPlata, MD.
Blessings!

Pass on my condolences and tell him he is more than welcome to stay in La Plata! :yay:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

Blessings!

I would think a bunch of strangers coming to visit would creep him out. Plus what do you say to him? I drive past you all the time and heard you were sick so I stopped by to say hi? Awkward! Sending a card is one thing but going up there to meet him in person sounds strange to me. If you weren't so inclined to approach him on the street, why would you in a hospital?

doubtfull24

Blessings!

Wow that is great news not about the infection but that he is alive! I am sorry for posting what I did but I thought it was true. Will have to send him a card.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Read through the thread.

We had a fellow like this in my home town in Massachusetts when I was a kid, everyone called him Tiger.

When he passed away the police found a Silver Star, Purple Heart and other decorations, along with some documents showing he had served well in WW 2, amongst his meager possessions.

The VFW and American Legion got together to give him a proper burial.

Sgt William Ashley, US Army WW2, combat fatigue got to him and he was the town hobo and drunk.

His family, who disowned him due to shame, has been in town since the 1640's.

Those that knew, never talked while he was alive and could have used the help.

Maybe Bill has a similar story, maybe not.

smts

I would think a bunch of strangers coming to visit would creep him out. Plus what do you say to him? I drive past you all the time and heard you were sick so I stopped by to say hi? Awkward! Sending a card is one thing but going up there to meet him in person sounds strange to me. If you weren't so inclined to approach him on the street, why would you in a hospital?

I just copied and pasted this post. I am guessing that since it came from someone who has been involved with him somehow, she was passing it on to those concerned. I don't think it was intended for "strangers" to show up there. I have had dealings in the past with him, never had a problem, however I would not go visit him. I may buy him a cup of coffee when he returns. I wish all the best to him. I was taught not to judge unless I have walked a mile in someone's shoes.

Read through the thread.

We had a fellow like this in my home town in Massachusetts when I was a kid, everyone called him Tiger.

When he passed away the police found a Silver Star, Purple Heart and other decorations, along with some documents showing he had served well in WW 2, amongst his meager possessions.

The VFW and American Legion got together to give him a proper burial.

Sgt William Ashley, US Army WW2, combat fatigue got to him and he was the town hobo and drunk.

His family, who disowned him due to shame, has been in town since the 1640's.

Those that knew, never talked while he was alive and could have used the help.

Maybe Bill has a similar story, maybe not.

Bill chose to live on the streets. :shrug: