What's the problem?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news1.shtml

TODAY we expose a rogue squad of British soldiers who savagely attacked a defenceless bunch of Iraqi teenagers —and with 42 brutal blows brought shame on our nation and its proud army.
The story even says that the kids were throwing rocks. What seems to be the problem here and why is the News hoping it will become a "military scandal"? Are soldiers just supposed to stand there while rioting mobs throw crap at them?

The cowardly beating is believed to have taken place in early 2004 amid a series of street riots in southern Iraq. Troops were involved in running battles with hundreds of screaming demonstrators armed with stones, sticks, shovels and home-made grenades.

Hello?

Heed the warning, punks: you don't start none, there won't be none.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
"A DIY grenade lands and explodes inside the compound—blasting out shrapnel and a cloud of grey-white smoke. A fire blazes just outside the perimeter wall sending up a pall of black fumes as crowds of rioters chant abuse at the soldiers.
Dozens of youths run towards the compound hurling stones, but suddenly turn on their heels—chased by a unit of squaddies in combat helmets with riot visors and desert camouflage. Some of the soldiers are wearing flak vests and are armed with batons and rifles."

What part of that commentary did the writer not understand? Do they think it's a game of cops and robbers going on over there?? The mob was using DIY grenades, rocks and shovels, by the account!

If you play with fire, you're going to get burned.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
It occurs to me the "journalist" is treating the incident as an isolated event, that it only happens once or twice a month, or something.

Probably never set foot in there to witness the maiming, injuring and killing that happens.

What a maroon!

willie

The clip I heard on Fox News XM (no pictures) was one of the Brits was doing the filming and also the commentary. His remarks are what is making this an "incident". There are way too many idiots allowed to operate cameras.

Hawk

It Wasn't Me
Tensions run high in war zones, but its strange how british soldiers would attack teens out there, yet they dont do dip about the teens in belfast in northern ireland, who run riot stabbing people, maybe they should start practicing at home not abroad.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
ylexot said:
IMO, they retrained themselves too much. I would have shot back.
The journalist (I use the term loosely) should have been a "friendly fire" casualty.