What's Up with GMP?

Warron

Are they going out of business or something?

First, my internet has been down for over a week. After trying to call them over a dozen times and only getting a busy signal, I finally got through last week and they tell me they are working on fixing it (still isn't fixed 5 days later).

So yesterday I try to call again. After about 50 times of just getting a busy signal, now it just rings forever.

GMP is starting to act like western shore did right before they sold out.

Toxick

Splat
<< First, my internet has been down for over a week. After trying to call them over a dozen times and only getting a busy signal, >>

Okay your answer is right here. Yesterday (or whenever) you said that they told you the entire area was out.

Now you said you tried to call them a over dozen times.

Let's say your area has... I dunno... 1000 people.

All with no cable. All calling repeatedly.

Now, I'm usually a staunch GMP supporter, but there's no excuse to have someone's cable out for that long unless a goddam tornado carried off huge pieces of vital equipment and several miles worth of fiber optic.

But as for the busy signal, I'm sure you can probably figure out what the technical issue is.

And what would you do after 5000 phone calls with people who want to kick you in the nuts?

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by mainman
You're banging the cable guy...:rolleyes:
But ALL my wires come from the same place as everyone else's:shrug: My system isn't any different then anyone else's other than I haven't had an outage other than when they were doing the rebuild. So really who I'm doing dosen't matter:dance:

Beside's if I did have a problem I'd have to wait just as long as everyone else to fix it because he is ALWAYS working.

K

Kizzy

GMP came out today and installed a direct wire from my house to the box outside. I am new to GMP, like not even 3 weeks new, so I hope that the problem here is fixed. So far, I notice a huge improvement in the signal. GMP has late office hours, so if you have to, stop by and voice your complaint.

Warron

My internet is still out. I did find out that the leasing office got their's back a day after the storm last week, so it appears only mine is still out. Not that it makes a difference. I still can never get throught to gmp. I went to there office yesterday and they told me that they only support their internet service by phone. When I told them that I only get a busy signal when calling, they gave me some 800 number, which has the exact same result.

I can only assume it is a signal strength problem again. It seems that every time they have touched the line near my apt in the last year they have messed up my signal strength and I had to call them out to fix it.

Danzig

Originally posted by Warron
I went to there office yesterday and they told me that they only support their internet service by phone. When I told them that I only get a busy signal when calling, they gave me some 800 number, which has the exact same result.

:lmao: :killingme
GREAT SERVICE. Keep sending them money.
:lmao: :killingme

THANKS CRAPPY ASS COUNTY COMMISSIONERS FOR SCREWING US FOR 15 MORE LONG YEARS.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by CableChick
:confused:

Umm hello!!!

Do you forget who your hubby is? My picture is the best on the block .. can betchya that!

:biggrin:
Yeah BUT my stuff come's from the same place as everyone else:shrug: He's never touched ours. I've never had an outage other than the rebuild:shrug: I can honestly say that I don't have any problems with them myself.

I mean god forbid if I did have a problem he would NEVER be home to fix it.

Broke90GSX

Anyone heard anything about the latest of internet outages? I called them the Wednesday night, left a message stating my internet was out. The helpful woman from GMP calls my house back stating she re-set my modem & I was to do the same to my computer at the house. Get home last night to "fix" the internet problem only to find it's still not working. I tried calling again this morning to talk, was on hold for about 20 min before hanging up. While on hold a message told me a certain # of areas (mine wasn't mentioned) are out but no one still picked up to help me with the problem. I don't mind paying 50$ a month, but if I have to reset my modem & reboot the system atleast once a week, plus receive shitty quality & customer service, what's a cracka to do? Could someone respond here or PM me with any details they know? Thanks everyone!

Rob

fttrsbeerwench

GMP SUCKS!!!!

In the last two years, I ahve had that sorry company for both my isp adn my cable tv. Thinking it was a local company, adn doing some good for the cu=ommunity was a mistake, because they are LOUSY!!!
For six months out of the first year with my internet, i was without service. MY cable has always sucked. My relationship with them ended after four months of busy signals and incorrect bills( they weren't even my name or address on them) I arrive hom to find my cable shut off and a sloppily written note saying " Please pay us $265 blah blah dollars adn we will turn you back on."
GMP kiss my ass! I got DIRECTV!:boo: :boo: :boo: